Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Buzz / Steve Wright: Radio 2 presenter dies aged 69
« Last post by Simon on February 13, 2024, 17:18 »
DJ Steve Wright, who presented programmes for BBC Radio 1 and Radio 2 for more than four decades, has died at the age of 69.

His family confirmed his death "with deep sorrow and profound regret" in a statement on Tuesday.

Wright joined the BBC in the 1970s and went on to host the afternoon shows on Radio 1 and Radio 2.

He also fronted television programmes for the BBC, including Top of the Pops.

Wright was last on air on Sunday, hosting a pre-recorded special Valentine's Day edition of his Love Songs programme.

Wright's family said: "It is with deep sorrow and profound regret that we announce the passing of our beloved Steve Wright.

"In addition to his son, Tom, and daughter, Lucy, Steve leaves behind his brother, Laurence and his father Richard. Also, much-loved close friends and colleagues, and millions of devoted radio listeners who had the good fortune and great pleasure of allowing Steve into their daily lives as one of the UK's most enduring and popular radio personalities.

"As we all grieve, the family requests privacy at this immensely difficult time."

Paying tribute to Wright after his death was announced, an emotional Radio 2 presenter Sara Cox said: "It's really hard to know what to say about the news of Steve Wright's passing, except we are all shocked and devastated and blindsided by this news.

"Steve was an extraordinary broadcaster, a really kind person, he was witty, he was warm, and he was a huge, huge part of the Radio 2 family, and I know my fellow DJs will all be absolutely shattered too."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68287707
The Laughter Zone / Re: Milking machine.
« Last post by Clive on February 09, 2024, 08:59 »
 :pmsl:  Thanks for the warning Den. 
The Laughter Zone / Re: Milking machine.
« Last post by Simon on February 08, 2024, 20:32 »
;D
The Laughter Zone / Milking machine.
« Last post by Den on February 08, 2024, 18:51 »
A farmer ordered a high-tech milking machine.

Since the equipment arrived when his wife was out of town, he decided to test it on himself first.

So, he inserted his 'manhood' into the equipment, turned on the switch and everything else was automatic.

Soon, he realized that the equipment provided him with much more pleasure than his wife did.

When the fun was over, though, he quickly realized that he couldn't remove the instrument from his 'member'.

He read the manual but didn't find any useful information on how to disengage himself.

He tried every button on the instrument, but still without success.

Finally, he decided to call the supplier's Customer Service Hot Line with his mobile phone (Thank god for mobile phones!).

'Hello, I just bought a milking machine from your company.

It works Fantastic, but how do I remove it from the cow's udder?'

'Don't worry,' replied the customer service rep, 'The machine will release automatically once it's collected two gallons.'

Have a nice day.    ::)
The Buzz / Re: Ian Lavender: Dad's Army star dies aged 77
« Last post by Simon on February 05, 2024, 20:34 »
He was.
The Buzz / Re: Ian Lavender: Dad's Army star dies aged 77
« Last post by Clive on February 05, 2024, 18:40 »
He must have been the last one standing from the series.   :dunno:   :rip:
The Buzz / Ian Lavender: Dad's Army star dies aged 77
« Last post by Simon on February 05, 2024, 13:12 »
The Dad's Army actor Ian Lavender, who played Private Pike in the hit TV series, has died at the age of 77.

Birmingham-born Lavender was just 22 when he was cast as the guileless platoon member, in what was then a new BBC sitcom.

But it made him a household name, and he ended up spending 10 years as part of the comedy classic.

Lavender, who died on Friday, was the last surviving main cast member of the series.

Away from Dad's Army, he also acted in other TV comedies such as Yes Minister, and appeared on stage, including in The Merchant of Venice.

He also had a stint on EastEnders as Derek Harkinson, a role he reprised in 2016 for a festive storyline.

Lavender grew up in the Midlands but studied acting at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.

He was barely out of drama school before being cast in the role for which he was to become most known for.

Dad's Army, a much loved series about a Home Guard platoon during the Second World War, ran on BBC One from 1968 to 1977.

It also starred Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring, Arnold Ridley as Private Godfrey and John Le Mesurier as Sergeant Wilson, among others.

The series has had a long-lasting impact on British popular culture, and some of its catchphrases are still used, such as "you stupid boy," "don't panic!" and "put that light out!"

https://youtu.be/_YMVPXmaKds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68204488
The Laughter Zone / Re: Valerie
« Last post by Clive on February 05, 2024, 08:26 »
 :lol2:
The Laughter Zone / Re: Valerie
« Last post by Simon on February 04, 2024, 19:43 »
;D
The Laughter Zone / Valerie
« Last post by Den on February 04, 2024, 19:13 »
The madam opened the brothel door in Glasgow and saw a rather dignified, well-dressed, good-looking man in his late forties or early fifties.

"May I help you sir?" she asked.

"I want to see Valerie," the man replied.

"Sir, Valerie is one of our most expensive ladies.

Perhaps you would prefer someone else", said the madam.

"No, I must see Valerie," he replied.

Just then, Valerie appeared and announced to the man she charged £5000 a visit.

Without hesitation, the man pulled out five thousand pounds and gave it to Valerie, and they went upstairs.

After an hour, the man calmly left.

The next night, the man appeared again, once more demanding to see Valerie.

Valerie explained that no one had ever come back two nights in a row, as she was so expensive.

There were no discounts. The price was still £5000.

Again, the man pulled out the money, gave it to Valerie, and they went upstairs. After an hour, he left.

The following night the man was there yet again. 

Everyone was astounded that he had come for a third consecutive night, but he paid Valerie and they went upstairs.

After their session, Valerie said to the man, "No one has ever been with me three nights in a row.

Where are you from?"

The man replied, "Edinburgh .."

"Really", she said. "I have family in Edinburgh .."

"I know." the man said. "Your sister died, and I'm her solicitor. I was instructed to deliver your £15,000 inheritance in person ."

The moral of the story is that three things in life are certain

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Being screwed by a lawyer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10