Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: background problem  (Read 1039 times)

Offline white fly

background problem
« on: March 19, 2004, 16:23 »
the other day i downloaded a pic of the web and somehow it got saved as a background and i cant get rid of it , i have been on properties then onto background , so how do i delete it as an option as a background  ???

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:background problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 17:18 »
You should be able to find it if you go into Start/settings/control panel/display folder.  Double click on the display folder and you should be able to find it in Desktop.  Then you can either remove it or change it to something else.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 17:49 »
If you mean your desktop wallpaper, then Clive is correct.  You can also access it by right clicking an empty area on your desktop, and selecting Properties > Desktop.  Another way is simply to find another picture you want as your background, right click it, and choose Set As Desktop Background.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline white fly

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 21:52 »
yes but how do i delete it as option , so i cant have it as a background again  ???

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 22:00 »
I don't think you can delete any of the ones which came with Windows, but haveyou tried right clicking the new one?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 22:32 »
Tha Desktop Backgrounds which come with Windows live in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper (well, they do on mine, anyway), but I don't see any need to delete any of them.  Like Clive said, why don't you just replace the one you don't want, with one you like?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 22:48 »

yes but how do i delete it as option , so i cant have it as a background again  ???

You can always select "none" for backround and you don't need to delete any.  :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum