Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Adware, Spyware?  (Read 666 times)

Offline twiggy

Adware, Spyware?
« on: March 28, 2004, 11:27 »
i there i have had a problem with adware being all over my computer for about 3weeks now and as you can guess gets me rather how can i but this erm.... p****d off while writign this i have had 7pop-ups and one of which you have to keep clicking no to not download a plugin over and over. so i got that ad-aware 6 and when i try and run it it scans for about 5seconds then it clsoes its self down. so i went over to download.com and did a search and when i try to download any adware/spyware i start downloading it and it clsoes the download and closes the webpage.

what gonig on? i really wont to sort this now and quick.

thanks mark

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:Adware, Spyware?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 11:55 »
Have you tried downloading SpyBot instead Mark?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 12:06 »
Try running Ad Aware and / or Spybot in Safe Mode, also with System Restore disabled.  Don't delete the stuff AA puts into quarrantine while you're still in Safe Mode - wait until you reboot to make sure everything still works OK, and don't forget to restart System Restore.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 23:40 »
@twiggy
i have had 7pop-ups

You need a popup stopper as well as Adware

Brian :D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum