Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: I am on DSL can I use the web spce that's 10MB  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ltpc

• New Registration
I am on DSL can I use the web spce that's 10MB
« on: April 07, 2004, 19:05 »
I would like to store pictures in the 10MB of space, I use to illustrate how easy it is to print your DVD cover replacement covers. Can it be done, BTW my DSL is Verizon USA?
ohn

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:I am on DSL can I use the web spce that's 10MB
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 20:22 »
Hi John (?), and  

To activate and access any webspace provided by your ISP, there is usually a procedure detailed on the ISP's website, so I would suggest you check that out.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:I am on DSL can I use the web spce that's 10MB
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 21:59 »
I assume that your webspace is already activated as it sounds to me like you have a website up and running on it  :)
Do you use your ISPs own template and and upload content to your website via IE or FTP ?
If you use the ISPs own software/template through IE, then you may not be able to upload to a private part of your webspace.
Its usually easier using an FTP program, I use the free one from here :

http://www.seagullsoftware.com/products/free_ftp.html

You have to give some details and get a key via e mail but I have never had any spam from them  :)

Once you have that installed and setup you just drag your pictures into the directory where your index.html is for your webpage and it will be on your webspace but not on your webpage.
The link to it then would be something like :

http://www.ltpc.verizon.net/mypic1.jpg

Or whatever your main site address is and the name of your .jpg/.gif/.swf file

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum