Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: New TV  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:New TV
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 20:09 »
If everything is set to 16:9, including the TV, Sky Box and Microwave   :P  then something must be faulty, and you should really get it seen to as you should be enjoying your widescreen TV as it is supposed to look.  Have you got anything else connected to the TV, other than the Sky Box, and is the Sky Box connected through the video.........

.......oh, hang on a minute.........
...I watch any tv programs at my breakfast bar on my 28" Toshiba SQUARE screen  8)

.... are you watching 'normal' TV (BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc) through the Sky Box, or through the TV aerial?  If you're watching through the TV aerial, then you're not getting true widescreen.  Do people still look short and squat when you watch a Sky channel?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 21:32 »
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet (too lazy to check ::) ), but you only get proper widescreen if you connect the Sky box to the TV with a SCART lead. You don't get widescreen through an ordinary aerial connection - or higher quality RGB output for that matter.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 21:43 »
Good point, Sean.   :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 18:36 »
Everything on mine are connected by scart leads  ;D..what I meant by squat as in the picture is 28" x 22" where before I had a 28" x 28" tv  ;)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 01:24 »

Everything on mine are connected by scart leads  ;D..what I meant by squat as in the picture is 28" x 22" where before I had a 28" x 28" tv  ;)

I have the same set as you Hookstar with a 36" screen . Panasonic as an automatic adjust setting that choosed the correct size of screen depending on what you are viewing. If you go into settings and put it to automatic it should not make everybody fat and squat.  :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum