Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: AVG Updates  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:AVG Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 23:46 »
Does anyone know if Pegasus supports multiple identities as well as multiple accounts?

Not sure about Pegasus, but I think this does, Dave.   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 23:57 »
Dave have you done the multiple choice download fix for AVG that Hooky posted ?
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 00:05 »

Dave have you done the multiple choice download fix for AVG that Hooky posted ?

Thanks for pointing that out, Tony.  It's getting late, so I'll give it a go tomorrow when I'm fully awake!  ;)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 00:07 »

Does anyone know if Pegasus supports multiple identities as well as multiple accounts?

Not sure about Pegasus, but I think this does, Dave.   ;)

I hadn't even thought about the Moz client, simon, even though it is on this PC as my son uses Mozilla.

Thanks.  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 00:12 »
You would have to get the latest Moz release, which is 1.7RC1 (still testing at this time) to get the multiple identity feature.  The link I gave was to the stand alone e-mail client, which appears to already have the feature.  1.7 will be out soon, so you could hang on a couple of weeks, or download the RC1 (Release Candidate) version now, which may not have everything enabled.

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 00:37 »
I'm in no hurry, Simon, I am only looking to "try" something other than Outlook Express in readiness to become a total MS-Free Zone!  ;) Therefore, I'll hang on for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again.  :)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 00:42 »
I must say that I'm chuffed to bits with AVG v7.  Ok, so I had to pay to upgrade from the free version (v6), but I do get 2 years' worth of updates for a relatively piffling sum of dosh when compared with similar (and in my opinion, equally effective) products.

Offline Dack

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 07:42 »

Off topic, but Dack metions Pegasus.  If there is just one program from Microshaft (MS) that I like, it is Outlook Express.  However, as I try harder and harder to avoid using MS products, I am always interested in looking at alternatives. Does anyone know if Pegasus supports multiple identities as well as multiple accounts?

Thanks again.  :)

Yep - I currently have it set up to check several of my accounts (globalnet under different names e.g. Ebay, NTL). You basically set the Identity you want to use and then tell it which accounts you want to check for each one. You can pretty much tailor it to however you want.

I've also got it set up so that the stupid spam emails that use tracking images don't download them and that junk mail is deleted off the server before downloading the real mail.
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum