Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Programs think my LAN IP is my net IP  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Foxy

Programs think my LAN IP is my net IP
« on: January 06, 2003, 11:10 »
Heya,

Loads of my programs based around the internet seem to be finding my LAN IP, when it is my internet IP they should get. This includes Teamsound, Roger Wilco, ZDoomLaunch, and I suspect Rune is doing it as well. Any ideas why this is happening and how to stop it?

I'm running Windows 98SE, with a 10/100MBit TCP/IP LAN, and a single ISDN line.

Thanks.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Programs think my LAN IP is my net IP
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 11:40 »
Hi Foxy - Welcome to the Forum!  Hope you find it useful, and you can join in the other areas and have some fun too!   ;D

I can't answer your question I'm afraid, other than suggesting looking at your LAN settings in IE, under Tools > Internet Options > Connections, but hopefully someone will be along soon with more expertise in this area.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 13:17 »
Hi Foxy, welcome to the forum :)

Hmmm... Only guessing here, because I've never heard of any of the programs you mentioned ::) but it sounds to me like there may be a problem with your dial-up networking settings where the network is taking priority over the DUN.

Are the other PCs on the network connecting via your Internet connection too? If so, do they get the same problems?

Offline Foxy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 14:24 »
My internet connection isn't shared.

Is there any way to see whether the network is taking priority, and if so how do I fix it?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum