Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: A Tolerable Firewall  (Read 920 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
A Tolerable Firewall
« on: July 15, 2004, 16:33 »
As I posted several days ago, Sygate Firewall (one of the very few pieces of this horribly intrusive software that doesn't completely spoil your online experience) is currently playing up. However, I have found another one that is at least tolerable - the original version of Kerio Firewall.  It does take a couple of days of online hell to get your head round the popup boxes and automatically create the rules for the thing, but once everything is running it goes away, unlike the newer version that you just want to uninstall and never go near again.

It is available for download at

http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kpf/kerio-pf-2.1.5-en-win.exe

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:A Tolerable Firewall
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 17:50 »
I would still be tempted to give Sygate another go, Dave.  It could have just been a glitch, or a bad installation.  They do advise, on their forums, to shut everything else down, before installing Sygate, especially any anti-virus software.  As I said before, I've recommended it to a few people on here, and no one else seems to have had any trouble.  

:)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 18:28 »
Must admit, I have been using Simongate firewall for a few weeks now and nothing untowards has happened so far  ::)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 23:04 »
I tried Sygate but it gave me a headache. I am now using ZA which seems fine for now.  :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum