Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: keylogger problem  (Read 1161 times)

Offline peruvianpisco

keylogger problem
« on: July 17, 2004, 03:18 »
I think keyloggers are fine for parents, but i share my PC and my password is stealed like any other persons...i search keylogger in Find in The Pc but i know not every keylogger got the name keylogger in it..What can i do to detect this problem?
Thank you in advance...and i hope i wrote in the appropiate forum  :-\
here are 10 types of people, people who thinks in binary and people who doesn`t

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:keylogger problem
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 03:32 »
Hi Peruvianpisco and :welcome:

The problem with keyloggers is that they are intended to be undectable to anyone using the PC who hasnt installed it.
the only program that I have any personal experience of is Winspy.
When installed it doesnt show in the list of programs in add/remove, nor does it show it as running on the PC but presumably it will show up in the registry somewhere but as you are probably aware, it could take you a long time to look through all of the registry and the names may not be obvious  :(

The default access for Winspy is SHIFT + F12 but this can be changed once installed in the  preferences section.
Maybe you could try various key combinations when the pc is running and see if the log on box appears for whichever keylogger program is installed, that way at least you could identify which program is being used.
Whether that would help you or not, unless you could find the username and password of whoever has installed it, I am unsure :doggie:

My spanish is almost non existant but does your name mean "A Peruvian fisherman" by any chance  ???

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 08:50 »
I did a quick search on Google for 'remove keyloggers', and there are several programs available, but none of them appear to be free.  I'm sure someone here will know of a free program to detect and / or remove keyloggers, for you.  It might be worth trying Spybot S&D, but I don't think it detects keyloggers, or you could try Hijack This, which should list all your running programs.  Again, as keyloggers are designed to be hidden, I'm not sure if this will detect them.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline peruvianpisco

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 17:21 »
Hi Sandra, donīt worry for your spanish..i wrote stealed instead of stolen, it means i am very upset because of  keyloggers, really i got a small business and kids complaints of missing passwords and i dont know what to do, gunbound,Mu even their mail of course...Peruvian Pisco means that Pisco, a licor, is peruvian..well, we got a problem with Chile, they donīt steal passwords but products, fisherman would be PeruvianPescador.      I got Spybot Simon and it seems not to work with keyloggers except from adware i guess  Thanks, i will notify my results ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 17:27 »
Mucho gracias for the spanish lesson  :)

You have confused me now though as your last post suggests that you want to be able to recover lost passwords.

Can you confirm whether you are wanting to detect a keylogger program or if you are wanting a password recovery program  ???

Offline peruvianpisco

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 18:06 »
Sorry for confuse you, i was only telling my problems...i donīt want keyloggers in my PCs anymore, the passwords are missed forever because the damage is done in kids' accounts.
Thank you (Muchas Gracias) ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 18:14 »
This may be your answer   :)

http://www.spy-review.com/iabb/bigbrother114.html

There are links to a couple of anti keylogging programs on that page, one is free for a limited period but says its fully functional, another is a free trial and both have options for purchasing.

I have not tried them or heard of anyone who has so good luck and if you do try them and they work ok, please let us know the results :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum