Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: VCR Tuner Problem  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
VCR Tuner Problem
« on: November 07, 2004, 16:23 »
Sharp VCR:- Model:- VC-MH722HM

My cousin has a problem with a Sharp VCR. It will no longer receive BBC1. It will receive all other channels OK, but although the tuner seems to find the BBC1 channel, it comes up as a blank screen. They recently connected a Freeview box to the VCR, via scart 2, and thought this may have been the cause, so have disconnected the Freeview box, but the problem remains. The VCR is connected to the TV via scart, and the TV receives all channels fine. Is it possible for a VCR tuner to suddenly fail to receive just one channel? If anyone has any ideas, I would gratefully receive them.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Re:VCR Tuner Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 18:51 »
Simon it sounds like the rf output of the vcr has somehow changed to the same as bbc1.  try altering it and it should "see" bbc1 again.
 :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:VCR Tuner Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 19:59 »
Yes, that sounds a possibility, Dave.  I thought it might have been something to do with the RF Output on the Freeview box, but the problem was still evident after disconnecting it.  It would certainly be worth checking the VCRs own RF Out.  Ho hum, looks like a trip up to London tomorrow evening...  ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum