Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: How do I recover deleted files?  (Read 2323 times)

guest120

How do I recover deleted files?
« on: January 19, 2003, 18:43 »
I recently deleted a file which I was unaware contained some very important media files for my cousins university assignment :baad: . I need to recover them however all the file recovery software I have tried has been unable to find it :brick: . I think this may be because I erased a file with the exact same name because it locates that file, which was empty, and not the one I want ( which contains over 2 gig of media ) :mg: . I really need to find this file or my cousin is going to kill me :help: . If anyone has an idea of how I could recover it I would really appreciate it if they could tell me pleeeeez :thanks: . I have limited pc experience and may have trouble with anything too technical so please be gentle lol or I might end up crying because of all the big words I don't understand.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:How do I recover deleted files?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 19:21 »
:welcome:  alayon_storm

Nice to see you making good use of our new smileys!  :gofor:

I know there are professional services which claim to be able to recover lost data, but at a cost, I've no doubt.   ::)

Hopefully someone more technical will be able to help you here soon.  It may involve downloading some data recovery software, but one of our experts will hopefully be able to advise.

In the meantime, stick around, explore the rest of the forum, and we'd love you to join in!   ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 20:08 »
Hi alayon_storm, welcome to PC-Pals.

I'm sorry to hear of your problem, something similar has happened to me in the past and is resposible for my mad backup fixation.

The bad news I'm afraid, is that there is no easy way to recover files and it's almost certainly going to cost you a lot to get them recovered :(

Important advice first. Switch off the PC in question and don't use it again until you need to use it to recover the data. If you use the PC, you will almost certainly not be able to recover the files.

Next go to http://www.ontrack.co.uk/datarecovery/ OnTrack are experts in data recovery and have many programs which you can download (for a fee :() to help you.

Let us know how you get on.

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 20:10 »
Hi alayon_storm

try visiting here and downloading their drive rescue soft ware

http://www.lc-tech.com/download.htm

I got a free disc off them in a magazine and it seems to work well in recovering accidentally deleted files as long as you haven't overwritten the too much.

its a free download the main thing is not to panic as even Gary Glitters files were able to be recovered  :doh:
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 01:00 »
There was a thread on a similar problem here:

http://www.pc-pals.com/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=134

One of the programs used in there recovered someones data successfully but unfortunately he never did get round to saying which one he used or how easy it was  :-*

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 01:03 »
Well that's just typical of men, don't you think Sandra  ;)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 01:45 »
Only some Tony ,one or two men I have known on here have expressed their thanks  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 07:42 »
...one or two men I have known on here have expressed their thanks  :-*

Did they leave a tip then, Sandra?  :heehee:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum