Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sharing Files between computers  (Read 776 times)

Offline BIG_J

Sharing Files between computers
« on: November 19, 2004, 00:10 »
Ok I am trying to set up something to where two computers in the same house can access the files off of one of the computers.  There are a lot of songs and such on one computer that another computer in the same house would like to freely access.  They are using a router to give internet to the computer with the files.  They are both on OS XP.   ???  Thanks
ith all there is, there is nothing.  Nothingness plagues us everyday.  Everyday nothingness consumes all leaving the void which cannot be filled.  The void, that eternal darkness seeps out from the cracks and devours all the light leaving only nothingness to consume all.  Nothingness is everything

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Sharing Files between computers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 00:30 »
Just run the network setup wizard on one pc, when it asks if you want to make a floppy at the end, say yes. Run that floppy in pc no 2 and that should set your basic network up between the two pcs.
Make sure that both pcs have the same workgroup name, usually MSHOME.
You will then need to go to each folder that you want to share with the other pc and right click and select SHARING and Security. In that part tick Share this folder on the network and Allow network users to change my files. The second one should allow one pc to send to the other, if thats not ticked you can only drag from one pc to the other  :)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 00:37 »
Ah...

I see Sandra was faster than me, lol. ;)
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 09:27 »

Ah...

I see Sandra was faster than me, lol. ;)

Yes, Sandra's always been a fast woman!   :P ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum