Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: picture  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Re:picture
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 15:33 »
Yup, sorry Davy but your still the red cross man from where i'm sitting  ::)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 15:39 »

Can you see it here Tony  ???

Nope .....or does it look like I'm lying to you at your end  ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 16:44 »
Thats weird Tony as it still shows for me even in the quote part that you put in your post  ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 18:18 »
I can't see it either, not in Davy's profile or in Sandra's posts.  Can't be our settings, Sandra, as I can see everyone else's.

Davy, send me the pic, if you like, and I'll put it on my webspace for you.  Click the e-mail link in my profile.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2004, 01:02 »
Well if Chorley Dave can see it and I can see it then how can it be his settings that are wrong Simon  ???

To quote Sherlock Holmes :

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 09:59 »
So, you're saying, Sandra, that although I, and most others, can see all the other avatars, but most of us can't see one in particular, all of our settings are wrong, and yours is right?  If all of our settings are wrong, how can we see all the other member's avatars?   :-\

Anyway, I just copied the url of Davy's pic into my browser, and it displayed, then went into his profile to check the avatar url (which you obviously would have done also), which seemed to be correct.  I then came back to this page, and noticed that his pic has now suddenly appeared, so maybe it was simply that Jeses didn't want to appear to most of us too soon before Christmas?  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 10:01 »
So, you're saying, Sandra, that although I, and most others, can see all the other avatars, but most of us can't see one in particular, all of our settings are wrong, and yours is right?  If all of our settings are wrong, how can we see all the other member's avatars?   :-\

Anyway, I just copied the url of Davy's pic into my browser, and it displayed, then went into his profile to check the avatar url (which you obviously would have done also), which seemed to be correct.  I then came back to this page, and noticed that his pic has now suddenly appeared, so maybe it was simply that Jeses didn't want to appear to most of us too soon before Christmas?  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 10:02 »
We seem to be having a problem with posting again.  The above post appears twice, because when I try to remove one, they both disappear.   :(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 10:20 »
:lol:  How weird is that?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 10:24 »
It does seem to be an extraordinarily long time to be cached, if that was your problem Simon.
Before you said that you could now see it I was wondering if it was anything to do with you and Tony being on XP with SP2 whereas Chorley Dave is on 98 and I am on XP with SP1 and maybe it was something to do with the irritating popup stopper and built in firewall that SP2 has  ???

Anyway we now know that Davys avatar is ok and its a problem with some peoples pcs OSs or settings as I said earlier  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2004, 11:29 »
Caching isn't a problem Sandra, because I clear it every time I log off.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2004, 13:05 »
I can't see Davy's picture? :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2004, 14:50 »
I think its time you cut back on the merlot Lona  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2004, 18:26 »

Well if Chorley Dave can see it and I can see it then how can it be his settings that are wrong Simon  ???

all it proves is that strange happenings abound in the environs of Pendle Hill country.

You Old Witch  ;D ;) :P
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2004, 02:59 »

I think its time you cut back on the merlot Lona  ;)

It's usually pink elepants I see. ;) but still picture not showing on my screen.  Must be that bloody xp thing again. :P
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum