Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Tiscali Broadband  (Read 823 times)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Tiscali Broadband
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:50 »
Here is a tip for people wanting a Broadband connection-STAY AWAY FROM TISCALI!!

Ive been with Tiscali for about 4 years, and have so far had no need to complain. However, recently, they have written and told me that my speed, which is 256, is going to be increased to 512. This on the face of it appears good, as the price will be the same. I have had constant problems with speed ever since. It would appear that work is going on to update the service. This I can understand, but this continues to go on and on, and when you phone for advice you are speaking to someone in Bombay, who although they try and be helpful, you cant understand a word they say. I have discovered, through various means, that heavy users are now being capped-this is not what I signed up for, and not what Im paying for!! My speed today, as I write is 240 down and 43 up, rendering Bit Torrent virtually useless!

Cut offs are also in evidence frequently. Needless to say, Ive cancelled, only to be told they dont support migration, and I will have to wait some time for my line to be released!!

:evil:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Tiscali Broadband
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:43 »
If you're looking for a new ISP, Delgado, I can recommend Pipex for a 1Mb unlimited service at £23.44 per month, with free set up and modem.  Other options are available, including a 2Gb capped 2Mb service for £19.99 per month.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Tiscali Broadband
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:19 »
Quote from: "Delgado"
 Needless to say, Ive cancelled, only to be told they dont support migration, and I will have to wait some time for my line to be released!

I don't wish to make matters worse, Delgado, but you might as well know what to expect.

A few weeks ago, when I was looking to go broadband, Tiscali was one I considered.  However, after perusing vnunet and The Register, I decided that it was THE one to avoid.  According to messages and articles posted on both sites, Tiscali is virtually impossible to escape from.  They have been telling people that their accounts have been closed and then continued to take money from them - often for six months or more.  Some ex-customers (in sheer desperation) have had to resort to reporting their debit/credit cards stolen in order to stop Tiscali taking even more money from them.

Thanks for posting the warning.  Everybody should be made aware of these crooks.  Here is just one article relating to Tiscali and cancellations:

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2004/august/10/8.htm

While here is a posting on a newsgroup:

If you're an agent for Tiscali why don't you use your 'influence' to make them improve their service so people don't complain about them. I have never used Tiscali but I have read complaints about them for over two years (and, I believe, once on BBC Watchdog about their billing system) so I am not inclined to change to them.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Tiscali Broadband
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 13:23 »
A friend of mine was using Tiscali and they froze his e-mail account because he was "abusing the system"  Not sure how how could do that when he was on PAYG and logged on for no more than 10 mins each day.   :laugh:   When he phoned their helpline they didn't want to know.  Definitely an ISP to avoid at all costs!

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Tiscali Broadband
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 18:01 »
Quote from: "Simon"
If you're looking for a new ISP, Delgado, I can recommend Pipex for a 1Mb unlimited service at £23.44 per month, with free set up and modem.  Other options are available, including a 2Gb capped 2Mb service for £19.99 per month.

Thanks for advice- This is exactly the deal I am going in for.

:D  :D
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum