Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: ISP charges  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
ISP charges
« on: November 07, 2002, 22:26 »
I have an account with BTInternet which costs me £16 a month.  My wife has a separate BTInternet account which also costs £16 a month.  I'm now on ADSL which I think is costing approx £30 a month.  Both PCs are now networked using my account.

My questions are:

Can I now cancel my wife's account?

Is the ADSL charge over and above the normal £16 a month or will they just charge me the £30 ADSL fee?

Offline Mustapha Phagg

Re:ISP charges
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 22:41 »
Hi Clive: you can cancel both dial up accounts if you so wish and leave your ADSL active. Providing you and your better half don't want to use the net at the same time.

Or you can play safe and just cancel your own dialup account.

ADSL charge is completly seperate from your dialup account.

Happy surfing mate. ;D
img]http://www.reset.plus.com/toons/Egyptian.gif[/img]

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 22:50 »
Both PCs are now networked using my account.

Thanks for that Mustapha.  I'll cancel them one at a time to play safe.  ;D  But since they are networked I can still use them both at the same time can't I?

Offline Mustapha Phagg

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 22:54 »
Afraid the networking side is over my head Clive, I can just about manage one pc.

Have to ask someone with more brains than me on that one.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 22:56 »
Well you have already saved me £16 a month!  I'll have to pay you commission.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 22:58 »
What I would suggest, Clive, is that you cancel the two dial up accounts, and then get two 'pay as you go' accounts for yourself and Mrs Down, so you can still access the Internet in an emergency should your ADSL connection be interrupted, but it won't cost you anything if it's not being used.   :)

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Mustapha Phagg

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 23:02 »

Well you have already saved me £16 a month!  I'll have to pay you commission.   ;D  ;D  ;D

When, when, when, gimme, gimme. ;D ;D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 23:57 »
Didnt you say that St.Adept had got you a wireless router Clive?
As I understand it the router has the actual IP address and it doesnt allow your supplier to know how many computers are running on it  ;)
If so the only reason Mrs.Clive would need her own account would be so that her e-mail address would still be available and active.
I cancelled my V21 56K account montns ago but my address is still active although I dont use it now it still gets an occassional spam one on it
If she is happy to change it to one of yours then there is no need for any further accounts unless you expect to have problems with your ADSL service or the router  :-*

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum