Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: webclient/publisher files  (Read 626 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
webclient/publisher files
« on: April 01, 2005, 14:52 »
I use diskcleanup nearly everytime before shutting down PC. It never clears the webclient/publisher files, yet it says they are temp files and safe to delete. I now have over 8mb of these files.

Does anybody know how I can delete these files as I can't locate them anywhere on my C drive. :?:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 22:36 »
If you know the extension (say for example it is .pub) then I would do a Windows search for *.pub and then simply highlight all the search results (left-click one, hold down Ctrl and hit the A key) and when they are all highlighted hit the delete key.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 11:57 »
Problem being Dave, I couldn't trace the files anywhere but after much searching I found the answer on an XP forum as it appears there's quite a few folk stumped on how to delete these files. Here's the answer below...................................................

However, if you want to disable this service, go to Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

Navigate to Web Client and double click on it. You will see a box towards the middle of the new window that says Start up type Automatic. Click on the word Automatic and select Disable from the drop down menu. Check to make sure that the word Disable is now in this box, if it is not, click again and select disable, and now click on Apply in the bottom right hand corner.

Now close all the windows you opened to get here.

When you next reboot, this service will be disabled and you will be able to clean up those files without them returning.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum