Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Firefox Problem  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Firefox Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 22:43 »
I have both installed, Tony.  I primarily use Mozilla still, but I have Firefox for testing purposes, and when I fancy a change.  ;)  As a complete suite, I would still recommend Mozilla, but most people seem to just want the browser.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Firefox Problem
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 22:48 »
I agree, if they had not brought out Firefox and the Thunderbird email client, I'd still be using it.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Firefox Problem
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 22:56 »
Well, if they stop developing the Suite, I may have to switch.  Problem being, I still don't really like the skins on Thunderbird, and when you have to look at something frequently, appearance matters.  Time will tell.  I don't quite see any advantage of using Firefox and TB, over the Mozilla Suite...?  Surely it's better all built into one?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Firefox Problem
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 18:33 »
Question for our resident Firefox expert  8)

When I visit the footie forum http://leistonfc.co.uk/ how come it doesnt show up the web site correct? look in IE then look in firefox.

TR

Many thanks for a reply Si.................this is bugging me  :cry:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Firefox Problem
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 19:12 »
Looks the very same to me on both firefox and ie6. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Firefox Problem
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 20:22 »
Can you see any tabs (top) on the LFC website? Lona and there are 2 footballs half way down the page that should be right down the bottom?

TR

Also just noticed when I look at the CPU usage on the site with firefox its nearly 100% but on IE its minimal

1st one is with firefox
and the second with IE

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Firefox Problem
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 21:24 »
The only difference I can see is that the buttons are missing with Firefox, Terry.  I can understand that must make navigating the site a bit of a challenge!  It's all to do with the way the HTML has been written.  Sam could probably explain it better, but as I understand it, Firefox and Mozilla display HTML 'correctly', i.e., literally, what you see is what you get, whereas IE is somehow capable of deciphering poorly coded websites.  There are also a handful of websites which are designed to only work with IE, but these are usually banking / finance type websites, whereas the LFC one looks, with respect, a little less formal, so I would guess it's the way the code has been written in this case.  As I said, Sam could explain it better.

The best solution is to get the IE View plugin for Firefox, which will then enable you to switch to IE in two clicks.  Incidentally, a new IE View feature is in the works -- a configurable list of sites to always open in IE.  That might be useful for you Terry.  It's already working on Mozilla.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum