Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Big Brother  (Read 12008 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 12:18 »
I must say that Friends is one if those series you can watch over and over again.  E4 usually broadcasts 2 episodes back to back each evening which they repeat every couple of hours.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Big Brother
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 12:56 »
I must have a very strange taste in television.  There are all these popular programmes that I hear about, but when I try to watch them they usually get switched off after 5 minutes.  Big Brother, Hell's Kitchen, Coronation Street, Friends (sorry, Clive) - they just don't appeal to me.

Give me a comedy drama like No Angels or something that's out of the ordinary like Derren Brown any day of the week.  Why do people want to watch others doing what they can do themselves if only they got off their backsides and got a life instead of passively digesting the mental narcotic that is modern television?

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Big Brother
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005, 14:08 »
And just in case any of you secret BB fans are getting withdrawal symptoms..>>> :whistle:

I'm sure it's a mistake from C4 that this is working for free so it may not stay active for all that long

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 19:06 »
Quote from: "camstop"
And just in case any of you secret BB fans are getting withdrawal symptoms

I'm sure it's a mistake from C4 that this is working for free so it may not stay active for all that long

Psssst  Cammy..........

Get a LIFE!!!    :nerd:

:bartmoon:   :laugh:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Big Brother
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 22:57 »
Whats TV when we have Forums like Pals  :wink:  but everyone to their own? who are we to decide what people watch when everyone is an individual.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2005, 23:42 »
Unfortunately Hooky because the people who make the tv programmes know that they can get away with producing such crap for people with an attention span only a little longer than the average goldfish then they wont spend any money on producing quality shows for the rest of us  :(

TV should be a mix of entertainement, information and education not just soaps and reality shows  :roll:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Big Brother
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 01:52 »
Quote from: "Sandra"
people with an attention span only a little longer than the average goldfish

Remind me what this thread is about.. I seem to have lost track.

Gloop!

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Big Brother
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 09:45 »
:pmsl:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Big Brother
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 22:11 »
Did any of you see it tonight?  :D

This is by far the best series in my books so far  :laugh:  :laugh:

I bet Clives getting it through satalite on his cruise  :crazy:  :blahh:  :sheep:  :baaa:  :grin:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Big Brother
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 22:21 »
i was gonna watch it but missed it since they keep moving the times of the main evening show around!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
Big Brother
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 00:11 »
from old board (after database cutoff):

michelle:

Another Saddo here .......... still we knew that.  Cool

If it wasn't for Big Brother I would have gone mad without my new computer Smile

It was fablous Smile last night ........  I think too this is the best ever one, mind you the rows were getting a bit much still going on at 1am, but it still made me laugh soooooooooooo much!!

Who ate the treacle sponge now own up!!! Its a matter of life and death!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Big Brother
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 19:30 »
For those that do watch it..I dont  :laugh:  just swiped This of another forum  enjoy  :twisted:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Big Brother
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 21:28 »
Quote from: "Sandra"
Unfortunately Hooky because the people who make the tv programmes know that they can get away with producing such crap for people with an attention span only a little longer than the average goldfish then they wont spend any money on producing quality shows for the rest of us  :(

TV should be a mix of entertainement, information and education not just soaps and reality shows  :roll:

Stop slagging off my goldfish, Sandra, they have an excellent attention span and watch Corrie with me 4 times a week.  :wink:  :laugh:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Big Brother
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 16:45 »
3 New Housemates Tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Big Brother
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 18:01 »
:yawn:  :zzz:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum