Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Log In Problems  (Read 20172 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2005, 18:10 »
Yes, the new posts function only works perfectly, when you first log in, or if you restart your browser, but are kept logged in by the cookie.  It does work in the same session, but even though it displays new posts exist, it will still go to the newest post as it was at the start of the session, if that makes any sense.  It really isn't a good system, but it's the only one we've got, so it's a question of getting used to it, unless Sam decides he wants to rebuild the new posts function.  :ooo:

It does seem as though everyone is gradually getting things working, and most of the issues have been browser based.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2005, 21:02 »
just so you know .....

I was trying to log in on this old piece of poo computer ..... and....

I forgot my password cos I'd saved it on the other computer  :?  and not changed it, so I requested another, and then I hit enter to view a post and I got in anyway ?
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2005, 21:39 »
Well, these password oddities get stranger and stranger.  I suppose, as long as you can't log in as someone else, it's not too much to worry about.  I'm sure it's because browsers are getting confused between the two sites, but I can't explain why.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2005, 00:29 »
i tried what you did on a machine that knew no passwords - no odities - so dont worry about security :-) thanks for saying though.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2005, 01:09 »
Quote from: "sam"
joudi you have lost me there! sorry.

Ok, I'll try to make things clearer:

When there's a certain thread which I read all its' posts, and I leave that thread (or close Pals), and come back to see if there's any post added to the same thread. Well, I see that there were new posts added.

In that case, when I go to see the new posts in it, I like to know which posts were not read by me yet.

In the forum before, it used to show the posts which I didn't read (the new ones to me), in different colour. Now, I have to search which was the last post which I read my first time before leaving.

I hope it's clearer now.    :)

On the other hand, It would be interesting to click on the "Index Page", on the new post, to take us directly to the last post in the thread which we want to see (better than to take us to the first post of that thread which will need to clic again to enable us to arrive, at last to the las post, if that thread makes many pages.)     :)

Thanks Sam...
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2005, 07:30 »
Joudi, which link are you clicking to see the latest post in your favourite thread?  You need to click the orange arrow, next to the topic title () to see the newest unread post.  Is that what you have been doing?  You need to click the actual arrow - not the topic title.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2005, 10:03 »
or if you click the blue arrow ()   underneath the time of the last post on the right hand side this takes you to the last post
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline temp_rod

• New Registration
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2005, 10:21 »
I've had my runny nose pressed to the window for a few days now, but haven't been able to log in using my Rodders ID no matter what.  Could some kind soul have a fiddle with the settings and let me in please?

Just for the record, I'm currently very poorly and have been spending some time with my very understanding new girlfriend who has a house out in the sticks and a couple of stripey pals.  

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2005, 14:56 »
Done, Rod - email sent to gmail addy.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2005, 15:24 »
Thank you Simon.  I'm evidently able to log in again now!

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2005, 16:16 »
Welcome back Rodders  :wink:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2005, 16:20 »
Quote from: "Rodders"
Thank you Simon.  I'm evidently able to log in again now!

Well, we couldn't allow you to escape!  :grin:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2005, 17:39 »
welcome, i hope you can actually use this one!   :)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum