Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: View Posts Since Last Visit  (Read 8722 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
View Posts Since Last Visit
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 16:18 »
Hi Sam

No, it doesn't turn yellow - I hadn't noticed that.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 16:23 »
ummm very odd - so it is not the post since last visit feature that isnt working.

it seems to me that your cookies might not have updated. Can I check that the url you are using to access the board is http://www.pc-pals.com/forum/ (and not the temp address). This could cause a possible cookie problem.

if that is the case then i have a few other ideas, but could you check this first form me - thanks.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 18:29 »
Gill, you may need to set Firefox to allow cookies from pc-pals.com.  To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and open the Cookies panel, then click Exceptions, type 'pc-pals.com' (without the quotation marks), and click Allow.  You may need to then restart the browser.  Let us know if that does the trick.

Oi, Sam!  How come you seem to have a better version of Firefox than the rest of us?!  :angry:  :grin:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 19:50 »
well i am not sure, i did use a cvs version at first not now though. possibly that i was lucky enough to click the right settings.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 09:53 »
It does seem to be working for me now - well sort of.  It still doesn't tell me how many posts are unread as the other board did, but I can live with that.  Also, unlike Simon's experience, using Opera I can refresh the page as many times as I want to and it doesn't lose them, although I haven't risked logging off and then back in before I have read them all.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005, 09:56 »
Quote from: "chorleydave"
It still doesn't tell me how many posts are unread as the other board did, but I can live with that.

That's because the modification used on the old forum hasn't been updated, and therefore can't be used on this one, until it has been.  I know Sam was looking at this, but we may have to wait a while for it.

It seems to work better for me, now I have removed the string of letters and numbers in my bookmarked url.  I now just use http://pc-pals.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts and it seems to work fine at the moment.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 10:04 »
OK, thanks, Simon.   :)

One definite improvement I have found is that if you are on the Index page and happen to accidentally left-click the mouse, it doesn't immediately redirect you to the part of the forum that the curser happened to be on at the time as if the whole page was one big live link.  Now, it only redirects if you click on a deliberate link which I find much better when it comes to navigating the site.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2005, 10:07 »
I never noticed the old one doing that, but glad this is better, Dave.   :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2005, 10:52 »
http://pc-pals.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts

thats exactly what the linked button does.

the numbers are session_id related but it shouldnt matter if you remove them, but things may not work as well.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2005, 11:10 »
Another thought Gill - how many attempts does it take for you to login?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2005, 11:11 »
Hi Sam

I'm using the address you've given and I've set my browser in accordance with Simon's instructions.  Still no joy.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 11:38 »
Which version of Firefox are you using, Gill?  The latest is 1.0.4.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 11:49 »
I've been using v1.03, so I'm downloading v1.04 right now.  Let's hope it improves things!

Gill

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 11:53 »
Well, it's a long shot, but it might.   :|

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 11:57 »
Bullseye!!!

:D  :D  :D

Now I can can not only use the "View Posts Since Last Visit", but I get yellow icons where there are new posts.

Thanks for yur help, Simon and Sam.

Gill

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum