Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: album cover  (Read 2868 times)

Offline princeofdarkness

album cover
« on: July 05, 2005, 21:13 »
ok well.. i am just going to do the front cover(not the back yet) of our bands album and i was wondering what measurements would be best for this.. i have searched it in google but found nothing and i dnt want to spend ages on this and it be the wrong size!!!

thnx in advance Jonah

p.s didnt know where to put this topic but it will be going on a website lol.. and if someone could plz tell me asap because i wnt to get started on it!!  :D
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
album cover
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 22:05 »
Not sure what you mean.  Surely the size depends on the space it's going to fill?  :?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
album cover
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 22:29 »
If you want it to fill the page then do it at 800 x 600 or slightly less if you want to have information above or below it.
That way if anyones using a higher screen res then they will see it with a space around it but if theyre on 800 x 600 then they wont need to scroll the screen sideways or up and down to see it as you intended.

I hope this answers what you were asking PoD  :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
album cover
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 22:35 »
Call me old fashioned POD but why don't you just measure a CD box?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
album cover
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 22:50 »
Standard compact discs have a diameter of 120mm, and I believe the cover art booklets are near enough the same, but square, obviously.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
album cover
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 23:33 »
If you want it to fill the page then do it at 800 x 600 or slightly less if you want to have information above or below it.
That way if anyones using a higher screen res then they will see it with a space around it but if theyre on 800 x 600 then they wont need to scroll the screen sideways or up and down to see it as you intended.

I hope this answers what you were asking PoD  Smile

or you could avoid the problems with scrolling by making the image a background image in a div class in the css file. sorry someone had to mention css / div since this is in the website section :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum