Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Microsoft .NET Framework  (Read 920 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Microsoft .NET Framework
« on: August 02, 2005, 23:08 »
I am trying to install some audio editing software, but halfway through the installation process, I get this:-

I have encountered this before, with another program, but once installed, I found it had created a user account for itself, and forced me to log in each time I started my PC, which I don't want to do, so I uninstalled it.

Can someone explain what this is, what it does, and why should an audio editing program need it?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 00:52 »
I found the same that it created a user account on mine too Simon.
Its microsofts version of netmeeting similar to msn messengers, not sure why it needs it for your program to work though.
I found that I could delete the user account, leaving the net framework installed and that stopped me needing to log in when my pc started  :)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:26 »
object width="450" height="150">

Online Simon

• Administrator
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:01 »
Thanks guys,  I don't see why this program needs to install this thing, so I think I'll stick to the old version for now, which doesn't.  This also happened when I tried to install NASA World Wind.  If ever I desparately need something which has to have Microsoft .NET Framework, I'll do as you suggested, Sandra.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 13:56 »
it needs to install it becuase that program uses .NET without it it wont run. A good example would be trying to get a game to work that needed Direct X and you needed to install it first.
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 16:17 »
Quote from: "sam"
it needs to install it becuase that program uses .NET without it it wont run.

Yes, I realise that, Sam, but what I don't understand, is why?  Version 7 doesn't need it.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Microsoft .NET Framework
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 16:39 »
they've probably either incorporated some .net into it or rewrote it in a more advanced way. .net seems to becoming a very trendy way of doing things at the moment
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum