Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Reading Festival...  (Read 2835 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Reading Festival...
« on: August 29, 2005, 22:03 »
...and so it ends for another year, i'm shattered!

For anyone who couldn't go ITV2 have coverage. I missed todays but tomorrow has more including (8pm - 9pm)
Iron Maiden, Marilyn Manson, Incubus, Iggy & The Stooges, Queens Of The Stone Age and The Charlatans
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Reading Festival...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 22:55 »
All those in an hour?  Blimey, they've not over stretched themselves with coverage have they!  I'd quite like to see Maiden and Manson.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Reading Festival...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 23:13 »
I didn't manage to get there this year Sam.   Maybe next year...  :laugh:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Reading Festival...
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:41 »
yeah it is crap that the coverage is only an hour long, maiden were on for over 2 hours themselves.

I have to admit to not seeing as much of maiden as i should have, their were lots of other good bands on at the same time (Echo and the bunnymen, Bloc Party) so did a walk around all the tents. I had the odd experience of eating an ice cream while watching maiden.

I think the Foo Fighters were the best band of the weekend, but then I saw lots of small bands like the Editors and the Subways who were excellent. I think I saw about 40 bands, I havent added it all up yet but at £130 for all of them not bad value for money.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Reading Festival...
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 00:24 »
Sounds like a great time was had!   Sounds like great value to me!

I would have loved to have been there to see Maiden, but a whole weekend of kite buggying was good enough for me, I am exhausted now, but happy.  And just trying to find some footage of Reading  :laugh:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline sam

• Administrator
Reading Festival...
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:21 »
i think tiscali has some more.... but im not sure take a look at the festival pages you might find more. It was a wicked weekend. Well apart from the campsite on the last night. I must have heard 30 gas cansisters explode and see about 10 tents go up in flames. As we left on monday morning it looked like a warzone (the day before looking like a refugee camp)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Reading Festival...
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:23 »
Quote from: "sam"
i think tiscali has some more.... but im not sure take a look at the festival pages you might find more. It was a wicked weekend. Well apart from the campsite on the last night. I must have heard 30 gas cansisters explode and see about 10 tents go up in flames. As we left on monday morning it looked like a warzone (the day before looking like a refugee camp)

Gawd! I hope it wasn't innocent peeps who lost their tents!   And we thought our campsite was bad!   :laugh:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline sam

• Administrator
Reading Festival...
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 11:46 »
mostly drunk teens who have more money than sense. hey how about i burn my tent!! yeah that sounds fun! luckily we took control of a corner by a fence and a tree line so we were mostly away from the choas!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum