Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sockets on ADSL filters  (Read 851 times)

Offline JK

Sockets on ADSL filters
« on: September 03, 2005, 23:38 »
All the modems I have ever owned including my internal ADSL ones come with a normal BT line plug on the end. All the ADSL filters have a smaller socket for the modem connection. Are there any line filters available with a normal BT size line socket for the modem connection? At present I use no line filter at all.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Sockets on ADSL filters
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 23:52 »
I have never seen one like that but you can get an adator to convert your BT plug to the American style one thats used for ADSL  :)

Offline JK

Thank you Sandra
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 00:11 »
If you purchase any internal ADSL modem , you will have a(lead) with a small USA plug that goes into the modem and on the other end of the lead there is a standard BT plug. I have had this on all the modems I have owned since my first 2400bps one. If you purchased one today it will come with a BT line plug on the end. I find it stange that you have not come accross this before. External USB ones come with the small modem plug.  Stange companys selling you a modem with a plug that will not fit into any filters they sell.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Sockets on ADSL filters
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 00:26 »
All the internal 56K modems I have seen have been the small plug into the modem and the phone socket which then needed an adaptor to fit a standard BT socket or they had the standard BT plug on the phone end.
The only ADSL ones I have seen have been external USB or ADSL Modem/Routers with the small plug at each end so no problem with the splitters/filters   :?

Offline JK

Thank you.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 22:20 »
I know now that I need an adaptor to convert to the small socket on the line filters. I  just wanted to know if there are any filters out there
with standard sockets for both phone and modem? They should provide you with the correct lead when you purchase the modems. Perhaps its because USB modems and routers are more popular. At preset I use no filter at all. Just on some occasions the ADSL link drops after a phone call.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum