Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Problems viewing webcams  (Read 4605 times)

Offline sweetbabe

Problems viewing webcams
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 02:07 »
Good Morning Sandra, yes I'm still awake and on pc that I was going to give a miss tonight lol

Yes I know that the drives are never the gig they say they are  :)

I was working out what windows is saying what's on the drive and the free space and working on the size 232gb, there's about 6 gig not showing up when i highlight all folders.
But in my computer it's telling me that 101 gb of data is on that drive, but when i highlight all folders in the drive itself, properties, it's only a total of 95gb of data.
So that 6gb has got to be those files that are playing hide n seek  :? It's just getting windows to show me them and give me them back  :evil:

I'll see how I get on at the BF's to see if his pcs reconize my invisble data and if they do I'll be back here weds night trying to sort out why my pc wont see them  :?

No I didn't run the program from floppy or flash drive. I just ran it from windows, let it search the usb hardrive2go. I checked through the files for the missing ones but couldn't see any of them. It just found the folders with the text files etc and no set ups.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Problems viewing webcams
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2006, 03:18 »
Better off on a floppy or flash drive and letting it boot into dos rather than in windows.

Take the program with you to your chaps and try it on his.

Serenity used it successfully last year on one of her friends pcs and recovered most of the missing data with it  :)

Offline sweetbabe

Problems viewing webcams
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 00:52 »
Hi Sandra,
Well it was the same at my BF's, couldn't see the files  :(
I haven't tried running the program from dos yet and wondering how you do this  :? do u install the program on the flash drive itself  :? or is there an option to reboot with a file from the program on the flash drive  :? am I making sense lol

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Problems viewing webcams
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 09:35 »
You should be able to install it to the USB flash drive and then in the boot sequence you should be able to select removable drive as the first boot device.
You may have to do it using F8 in the Medion 8800 to select removable drive.

I wonder if Serenity remembers how she did it as she did it from a flash drive as the pc she was sorting out didnt have a floppy either  :?:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum