Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pink Floyd  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Pink Floyd
« on: January 29, 2006, 14:20 »
Looks like theyre performing again, provisional date this november at the Albert Hall  :)

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Pink Floyd
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 15:55 »
Hmm, that might be why they keep postponing the release of the Pulse DVD.  It was due initially before Christmas 2005, then it got put back to January, then February, and now, it seems, it's not coming out till September - coincidentally, just in time for the tour!   :roll:   I would expect the tickets to be around £80 each, plus booking fees, so although I would love to go, it will just be too expensive.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
Pink Floyd
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:57 »
After seeing the Australian Pink Floyd (they are here in Cardiff again this spring) I wouldn't pay £80 for a ticket to see Gilmour, they are so good he even hired them to play at his own birthday bash!  

Save yourself some money Si and see the tribute band you wouldn't be disappointed  :sheep:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Pink Floyd
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 13:31 »
Good idea, Serenity.  I've seen a number of tribute bands who deliver the goods and whose tickets don't require a second mortgage.  'Rumours of Fleetwood Mac', 'Into the Bleach' and 'Bjorn Again' are all bands that have live acts which are as good as or better than the original.  So the music isn't in quite the same genre as Pink Floyd, but you still have a good night out.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Online Simon

• Administrator
Pink Floyd
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 16:10 »
I have seen TAPFS, Bev, when they played in Haywards Heath a few years ago.  They have a DVD out, which is fantastic, and available from their webshop, here.  I ordered mine and it came within the week, so I was well chuffed, considering Pulse had just been delayed, yet again!  By the way, I'm only guessing at the ticket prices, but if it's a true reformation, with Roger Waters, it will be HUGE, and it wouldn't surprise me if tickets were even more than that.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Pink Floyd
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 18:17 »
Eighty or eight hundred quid - there probably won't be another chance, so if I can get a ticket I'll be there.   :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
PINK FLOYD & ROGER WATERS DENY CONCERT RUMOURS
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 01:04 »
Following on from our story of 27th January scotching the talk in the media of upcoming Pink Floyd reunion shows at London's Royal Albert Hall at the end of the year, the band themselves have come together to officially deny these rumours.

Their statement advises that David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright are joined by Roger Waters in categorically stating that there is no truth in the recent news reports about a Pink Floyd tour planned for this Autumn.

David Gilmour said: “Since Live 8 there are certain sections of the media that have deliberately misled fans and public by inventing stories and quotes about Pink Floyd touring: Nick, Richard, Roger and I are telling fans directly that this is not happening. We are also asking the various parties who are fabricating these stories to desist, if only for the sake of the fans.”

Please do not believe ticket agents, parts of the media with "exclusives" from "band insiders", and any other places claiming to know different! Should any decision be made for ANY activity, it will be announced properly through official channels. All that these false announcements have done have cruelly raised the hopes and expectations of fans worldwide, as is clear from our email inbox!

Date news posted: 4 February 2006

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk

Online Simon

• Administrator
Pink Floyd
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:23 »
Oh well, that's a shame, but I'm sure that in the end they will give in to public pressure and perform again, even if not a full scale tour.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum