Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Linux vs. Windows: Why Linux is a better choice than Windows  (Read 3484 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
A wicked article here by Novell that should turn most of you against windows... I hope... and if it doesn't think of that fluffy penguin..

LINK
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Linux vs. Windows: Why Linux is a better choice than Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:31 »
I think it's relevent to suggest that most Linux users would be more technically proficient than the average Windows punter, and therefore would be more likely to have security measures in place.  Of the 92% in that article who claim to have never had a virus while using Linux, I wonder what percentage of those would never have had a virus using Windows either?  Probably quite high, I would guess.  

I also think it's highly prpbably that virus writers don't tend to target Linux, because of it's low ratio of users, much as they target Mozilla / Firefox much less than Internet Explorer, but if a higher ratio of users switched to Linux, they would soon start to be targetted more frequently.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Linux vs. Windows: Why Linux is a better choice than Windows
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 10:27 »
all very valid points Simon. I guess the real point that needs to be made is computer education.. don't use IE, don't download suspicious files and DO scan all files. Though I would suggest I am technically good with a computer and have never had any form of virus on Linux (there is only a few out there)  I have had windows viruses! They are easy enough to get for even the most advanced person, it just takes a lack of concentration some times.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum