Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Internet Explorer confusion.  (Read 12834 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Internet Explorer confusion.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 02:20 »
Quote from: "Lona"
I need it frequently, Misty, there's quite a lot of sites won't let you view using firefox, so don't listen to Baldy. :wink:

I'm starting to wonder why I installed it in the first place? :?
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 02:45 »
Quote from: "Clive"
Congratulations on dumbfounding the vet!  Two years ago we were told that ours had a heart murmer and wasn't expected to live long.  She's now turned into a juvenile delinquent!  What do they know?

Finding a good vet is the same as finding a good doctor.

When my current baby was bitten by a snake (which I didn't know at the time)
The first vet I saw did a blood test for snake bite, but it came back negative so she moved on to guessing about other things. In the mean time our cat's face was paralysed and she was struggling to breathe, then, thankfully, the senior vet arrived and said that he didn't care what the blood test said, he had treated hundreds of cats for snake bite and he believed that is what it was.
He saved her life.

The first vet had missed diagnosed my previous cats illness, which ended up costing him his life. (you could say that I don't like her very much.)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 07:22 »
I need it frequently, Misty, there's quite a lot of sites won't let you view using firefox, so don't listen to Baldy. :wink:

Quote from: "mistybear"

Because it's 100x better than IE!  I rarely come across a site that won't open in Firefox.  I don't know what sites Lona visits, but you know what these pensioners are like.  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 08:22 »
Ok Simon seeming your so confident that Firefox is 100 times better, I'd like to see if you can come up with a 100 reasons why.
I can say one thing that I don't like about Firefox. With IE I can leave my favourites list open while I go from site to site looking for what I want, so much easier for me.

And yes I do know what these pensioners are like, as I've joined the ranks. :laugh:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 08:33 »
I think that most vets are only in it for the money MB.  They know that people will fork out to have their pets cured and it's easy money for them.  You can have your favourites open in Firefox.  Simon will showl you how to do it when he gets back from work.  Talking of which.... I had better dash!!  :laugh:

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 12:44 »
all of these novelty programs just slow your pc down, spyware programs are
written to target "internet explorer" stay clear of it. stick with firefox it's pretty
simple to use and it's only going to get better :wink:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 12:49 »
Ok Simon seeming your so confident that Firefox is 100 times better, I'd like to see if you can come up with a 100 reasons why.

Well I believe it has already been done: LINK

Anyway no.1 - it isn't going to allow s**te into your computer.

I agree with Simon.. I hardly ever find a website that doesn't work in firefox. It actually correctly interprets html/css unlike IE.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 14:14 »
#101.

Giant lizards are cool

Much more exciting than a blue e.

:laugh:

Ok I'm sure the rest make sense, and I figured out the sidebar. Much better.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 14:18 »
lol, i think the last reason is the best! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 20:10 »
Thanks Sam!  ;)  

Hey, Misty Bear....

..... :wahh:  :lol:

I think the reason you are finding FF dislikeable is simply because you were so used to the old familiar IE.  It took me at least three attempts to get into Mozilla / Firefox, and I kept going back to IE, but that was about three years ago, when Mozilla wasn't all that brilliant.  It, and Firefox have improved immeasurably over the last couple of years, and I honestly believe that if you give it a chance, once you get used to it, you won't look back.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 10:42 »
Your absolutely right Simon.
The reason I bought this computer is because I was so use to Michael's. I think getting a computer like the Medion 8383 makes you very lazy. Everything is included, it's only when something goes wrong, you realise that you know absolutely nothing about them.

By the way I'm typing this via IE as I couldn't log in using FF.
Any ideas? :roll:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 18:16 »
Quote from: "Simon"

Because it's 100x better than IE!  I rarely come across a site that won't open in Firefox.  I don't know what sites Lona visits, but you know what these pensioners are like.  ;)

Ebuyer for one, Simon.  Also I'm with Egg and need IE to view some accounts.  There are others but being a pensioner my memory is not so good. :wahh:  :wahh:  :wahh:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 19:09 »

Quote from: "Simon"

Ebuyer for one, Simon.  Also I'm with Egg and need IE to view some accounts.  There are others but being a pensioner my memory is not so good. :wahh:  :wahh:  :wahh:

That's more to do with the design of the website, rather than it being a fault in Firefox, although I do take on board what you are saying, Lona.  I still feel that overall, the safety aspect, speed, adaptability and features positively outweigh the occasional need to switch to IE for the odd recalcitrant web page, especially give that the switch is made very easy with the IE View plug in.  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 19:14 »
By the way I'm typing this via IE as I couldn't log in using FF.
Any ideas? :roll:

It's probably just a cookie issue, Kate.  Firefox automatically clears session cookies when you close it.  You need to tell it to save the PC Pals cookie, so you can remain logged in.  To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies (tab), then click the Exceptions button.  Type pc-pals.com in the box, and click the Allow button, then Close.  Click OK on the Options screen and that should then close, and you're sorted.  :)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 08:44 »
Thanks Simon I did that, didn't seem to work straight away. So I deleted it from my imported IE list and re-added it as a bookmark, still didn't seem to work so I messed about with it adding and deleting. Well end result is it now I can log on using FF.
Strange thing is I have no problems logging on at other sites?
I'll have to spend some time reading the thread on Mozzila.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum