Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Forum Upgrade  (Read 7996 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 21:43 »
always aim to be that quick! sometimes I'm too lazy, lol!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 21:31 »
Hi Sam

I did notice one thing tonight

I changed my email address in my profile

i didnt get the standard authorization

I got an email from simon saying my account had been closed and he had opened it again

my account was then authorized

Quote:

Hi Davy,

We have had a notification tonight, that your account has been 'deactivated'.  Have you made any alterations to your profile this evening?  Assuming this is some kind of error, I have re-activated your account, but if you do want it closed, please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Simon.
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 21:57 »
I think this is due to us having to monitor new accounts, because of an overwhelming amount of spammers trying to sign up to promote their websites (without success, I might add!).  The change of email was probably enough to activate the alert to Admins, and as a security measure, also to deactivate the account, until it was re-approved by an Admin.  

If any members have a similar problem, please email an Admin, and we will sort it out for you.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 22:48 »
Quote from: "Simon"
I think this is due to us having to monitor new accounts, because of an overwhelming amount of spammers trying to sign up to promote their websites (without success, I might add!).  The change of email was probably enough to activate the alert to Admins, and as a security measure, also to deactivate the account, until it was re-approved by an Admin.  

If any members have a similar problem, please email an Admin, and we will sort it out for you.

ok thanks Simon
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 09:13 »
On my forum the fellow that does our mod work installed a mod called the humanizer. Its actually pretty handy in keeping the bots out. If you haven't already installed it heres the link.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=383788&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Offline sam

• Administrator
Forum Upgrade
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 11:09 »
thanks for that link... I keep meaning to have a hunt through those but I've been a bit busy as of late.. anyway I'll have a play with that cheers.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 00:10 »
Tongiht I have upgraded the forum to the latest version, sorry if there were any problems with connectivity to the site. All should now be working.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum