Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: CD Writing problem  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
CD Writing problem
« on: May 28, 2006, 14:05 »
When I try to use the Windows CD Writer, as soon as I press "Write these files to CD", then Next, I get the following error:-

Burning CDs and DVDs using Nero, with the same drive, works fine, so I know it's not the drive.  Any ideas?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
CD Writing problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 17:36 »
No ideas really on that one Simon, I just wonder why anyone with Nero would want to use XPs built in burning program as it has to be about the worst one there is  :?

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
CD Writing problem
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 18:31 »
Probably using rubbish discs, Simon.  Stick to Nero is my advice.  :laugh:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
CD Writing problem
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 21:27 »
Lona could have a point.  I was having problems a while back getting NERO to recognise or accept any Jpeg files and was having to burn them using Deepburner.  At that time, I was using some CDs that I paid three quid for fifty at a computer fair.  Now they have all been used, I am currently on Memorex disks and, lo and behold, NERO burns Jpegs onto these without so much as a whimper.

That isn't to say I'm recommending NERO.  I still use Deepburner for all but the more complicated burning functions.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CD Writing problem
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 00:00 »
The Windows CD Writer is not the greatest, admittedly, but it used to be handy for quickness, if I just wanted to highlight a handful of files, right click them, and Send To > CD Writer.  I find Nero excellent on most occasions, but infuriating at times.  I recently burned 118 MP3s to a CD, which I left unfinalised, as a multi-session disc, which I should have then been able to subsequently add to, or replace files on.  Would Nero comply?  Would it bugger.  It kept telling me to insert the back up CD of the current compilation, when it was already in the drive, or told me I couldn't burn the compilation to the selected drives simultaneously, when I only have one writing drive.   Needless to say, this caused the wastage of a number of blank CDs, and the expulsion of enough expletives to get on I'm A Big Brother as a Tourettes sufferer.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
CD Writing problem
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:00 »
My win cd burner never worked. Brandnew machine with a dvd cdrw combo. I just use nero as a substitute.

Offline Naruto

CD Writing problem
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 14:12 »
Quote from: "Simon"
The Windows CD Writer is not the greatest, admittedly, but it used to be handy for quickness, if I just wanted to highlight a handful of files, right click them, and Send To > CD Writer.  I find Nero excellent on most occasions, but infuriating at times.  I recently burned 118 MP3s to a CD, which I left unfinalised, as a multi-session disc, which I should have then been able to subsequently add to, or replace files on.  Would Nero comply?  Would it bugger.  It kept telling me to insert the back up CD of the current compilation, when it was already in the drive, or told me I couldn't burn the compilation to the selected drives simultaneously, when I only have one writing drive.   Needless to say, this caused the wastage of a number of blank CDs, and the expulsion of enough expletives to get on I'm A Big Brother as a Tourettes sufferer.

hmm.. did you check the option of nero when you start it up? default option is 'start a multi-session disc'. At the beginning I had the same problem...couldn't burn on a unfinalised cd..but I forgot to change the option to 'continue on multi-session disc' before burning. If this is not the problem, then you should reinstall it. Nero works fine for me :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CD Writing problem
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 16:23 »
Yes, did all that Naruto, and never got to solve the problem.  Doesn't matter now anyway.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum