Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Image Protection  (Read 4454 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Image Protection
« on: January 23, 2007, 18:04 »
Does anyone know how to protect images on a website so that viewers can't copy them?

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Online Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Image Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 20:15 »
Take a look at THIS website Gill. 

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:20 »
Oooh, that's handy, Clive :) .  Well done for finding it and thank you for passing on the link.

:)

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 13:47 »
yep but thats rather basic, you could still do a screen grab... I'm not sure if there is a way to stop from this, but you could watermark at the least, and I have heard of php scripts that do some fancy stuff.. I'll see if i have any of the links saved in my homemahcine
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 23:41 »
That would be great, Sam.  I'm part of a group of woodworkers who post pictures of our work for each other to see and we're finding that some scurrilous characters are pinching our designs.  It's outrageous!  I've no time for people who don't respect copyright  o:) .

Gill

Offline Adz

• http://www.DigitalAtHome.com
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 11:57 »
There's no way to definately protect an image from being stolen.

Javascript hacks, Java applets, flash applets etc may stop joe blogs momentarily, but ultimately it's very easy to get around any hack you might use.

Watermarking will usually put 99% off, but watermarks can also be "removed" with a bit of photoshopping.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum