Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BBC Documentaries  (Read 3135 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Re: BBC Documentaries
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05 »
Sorry to hear of your predicament, Misty, hope all goes well for you.

Sock it to them.  Pity I can't be there to shout in your corner.  :)

Thanks Lona, you'd put them straight for me.

When my brother phoned me, he said the only way he knew of how to help me was.."where do they live". Aren't men so gentle and caring.   

Mind you if things don't go so well, there is always Michael and all of his mates.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43 »
Well, things didn't go so well.

And the previous post was only a joke, I wouldn't run the risk of Michael getting hurt.

But one consolation, first thing this morning the builder phoned, not the landlord or the real estate agent(cowards), and repairs have been happening and will continue on monday.

So back to the tribunal next month for the main event.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 08:49 »
I hope you have taken photos before the work begins MB.  Otherwise the landlord may try and say there was nothing wrong in the first place.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 08:52 »
go kick ass in the court room, much better than having to use violence... but I have to say your bro's plan does sound like it has no holes....  :o:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20 »
I had lots of photos Clive that's why the work is being done, I think they were quite surprised as to how well prepared I was. I was also represented, but not by a lawyer as that isn't allowed, except in exceptional circumstances.

I agree Sam, but from the time my landlord opened her mouth until the time she closed it, nothing but lies came out. How do you combat that?

Michael was upset with me, when we were before the tribunal, the landlord accused "the tenants" of being abusive, he asked me why I didn't I didn't say anything. There wasn't much point as the matter wasn't being heard, she was just having a shot, the main fight will be over the termination notice. The member who was hearing the matters, understood exactly what was going on. Apply to the tribunal for repairs, termination notice, it's pretty clear.
Immediately the real estate agent said that it wasn't retaliatory, member looks to my representative, contesting it on "retaliation".

Shame my brother lives in America though.   

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 09:42 »
We can only wish you the best, MB.  Keep us posted.  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56 »
My neighbour is now concerned, as they have contacted her, wanting an inspection. She wasn't willing to help before as she was afraid the same would happen to her, well I think, as the say, the writing is on the wall.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 12:49 »
I agree Sam, but from the time my landlord opened her mouth until the time she closed it, nothing but lies came out. How do you combat that?

yep, you just cant :-( - I think not getting visibly angry at the court is probably the best thing you can do...
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum