Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: My Computer  (Read 1813 times)

Offline chelseamick

My Computer
« on: December 17, 2007, 22:41 »
I know this seems a silly question but I'm trying to uninstall Roxy easy media creatoe 9 and it is telling me to delete some hidden files using My Computer but I can't find this folder anywher can anybody direct me to this folder?
many thanks for any info

By the way I'm using Vista Home Premium

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: My Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 23:35 »
Hi Mick,

First open Control Panel from the Start Menu.  Select the Appearance and Personalization section, from there, Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders.  What you should now see is the familiar Windows menu called Folder Options. Click on the View tab and then scroll down to Hidden files and folders.  Select the radio button next to Show hidden files and folders.  You could also remove the tick next to 'Hide protected operating system files' to reveal those too.

Does that help?  Come back to us if not  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 19:26 »
That was very helpful Simon, I don't know what I would do without this forum as I'm a pensioner with very little knowledge of computers.
I now have another problem. Part of Roxios instruction for uninstalling their software
is to delete the Roxio files within the Application File folder.    Unfortunatlye when I try to open the folder I get the following error message.-Application Data is not accesable. access is denied=
Have you any idea how to access this. I have only one account on my computer which is mine and is the one I'm using.
Many thanks for any info.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 20:07 »
Are you signed on as an Adminstrator, Mick?  Go to Control Panel > User Accounts and check that you are an Administrator.  If not, click 'Change your account type' on the left hand side of the screen, and hopefully it will allow you to change to Administrator, which equally hopefully, will then allow you to open the Application Data folder.

If that's totally up the wrong tree. come back to us.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 20:32 »
Yes Simon I am the administrator

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 20:51 »
if you dont need the software at all any more can you not just delete the 'Roxio' folder instead of trying to open it?

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 20:59 »
I'm trying to upgrade from Easy Video creator 9 to 10 and Roxio recommend to remove the roxio files within the application dada folder

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 21:58 »
Try this link, Mick, it may help:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38 »
Thanks Simon but I've got that info and following it, unfortunately I am unable to open the application foler in order to delete the Roxio files even though I am logged in as the administrater.  What I need to find out is how do I gain access to this folder.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 09:39 »
Possibly, if you haven't already, a re-boot after removing the earlier version will solve it. Often, a file is still active in memory until you re-boot.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum