Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Flat Earth Society  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The Flat Earth Society
« on: August 04, 2008, 20:46 »
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 21:44 »
I notice they don't try to explain why the earth casts a spherical shadow during a solar eclipse.

:crazy:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 22:07 »
they must be have a laugh with "14581 Members".

Terminology

FE (theory/model): Flat Earth (theory/model), a theory which states that the Earth is flat.
FE'er: Flat Earther, someone who believes in the FE theory.

RE (theory/model): Round Earth (theory/model), a theory which states that the Earth is round.
RE'er: Round Earther, someone who believe the RE theory.

General / this forum

Q: "Is this site for real?"

A: This site is real. There are people who seriously believe the Earth is flat. However, there are also people on this site who do not.

Q: "Why do you guys believe the Earth is flat?"

A:  Well, it looks that way up close.  Also, Samuel Rowbotham et al. performed a variety of experiments over a period of several years that show it must be flat.  They are all explained in his book, which is linked at the top of this article.

lol.

I had a look at those "experiments"... are they for real that was done back in 1881... and they all seem a little bit flawed.

Oh and "RE (theory/model): Round Earth (theory/model), a theory which states that the Earth is round."   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 22:43 »
That forum has 14,500 members!  Therefore it MUST be true!  I note that the sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator.  Just what I always thought! 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum