Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Digital camera uploading question  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Digital camera uploading question
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 16:00 »
Yes, thanks Rik.  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline gelertdog

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 18:23 »
hi again

when I right click and select properties the following info comes up:

ST3160023AS disk drives
Sony DSc USB Device disk drives
Sony Cd-RW crx217e  dvd/cd-E
Sony dvd-romddu1615 dvd/cdr

All stated as working properly!

Sian

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 18:33 »
I think Rik may have meant you to Right click > Properties on the actual drive folder (F?) in My Computer, Sian.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 18:37 »
I did, sorry Sian.  :blush:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline gelertdog

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 18:42 »
hi

yes thats what i did. sian

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 18:49 »
That looks like a list of your available drives, Sian.  What we're asking you do to, is click My Computer on your desktop, then within that screen, right click the folder that's supposed to be the camera, and select properties.  If that's what you are doing, then I'm also very confused!  :stars:  ;D

Offline gelertdog

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 19:38 »
Hi

I went to my computer, rightclicked on the f drive (no camera is identidied btw) and went to properties. The info above is from the hardware tab. What am I supposed to be looking for.Thanks. Sian

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 21:14 »
sorry to confuse matters - but did you have a CD come with the camera, just wondering if you have to install any particular device drivers, I doubt it but maybe.

I think it the hardware tab, they are suggesting that you should see your camera make and model (and I think it would be under imaging devices)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 21:16 »
Right, I'm with you now, Sian.  What does it say on the General tab?  Is there a pie chart with the amount of space left on the drive?  I think Rik's probably the best one for this, and he won't be around till the morning now, but that should give an indication of whether it's detecting any data on the drive.

Any help appreciated, Sam!   :blush:

Offline gelertdog

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 22:01 »
Hi again simon!

yes, in the general tab the pie chart shows it all in blue- used space rather than pink -unused space and zero bytes. incidently when I just connected and checked it just know the error message that i referred to previously reappeared! ( I had my kodak card in the other usb with a card reader -this works fine) The message read ' USB device not recognised.   One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it'. When I clicked on the 'explain' link and clicked on the 'unknown device' link it says that no drivers are installed for this device'.

Thanks again

sian

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 22:15 »
Right, well perhaps it is a driver issue?  As Sam said, do you have a CD with the camera?  Also, what version of Windows are you running?  You mentioned a card reader, does the card from the Sony work in it?  Sorry for all the questions,  but usually you just plug these things in and they work.  Oh, one other thing, are you removing the Kodak before connecting the Sony?  I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference, but it just might.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 22:17 »
I guess that means you might need to install the drivers for the camera, if it is an unknown device then that's what I would do (you have to bear with me I'm trying to remember how you do things in Windows). Did a disk come with the camera?

Also can you not just put the card that is in the camera into the card reader? (though I might have missed if you tried this above).

EDIT: I see Simon asked the same questions! lol
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 00:05 »
Sorry Sam!  Great minds think alike.  Just a shame there's none round here!  ;D

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 11:24 »
Are you using a hub, Sian, or plugging the camera straight into the computer?
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline gelertdog

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 14:09 »
Hi

To answer the recent questions. Yes the camera came with a disc with the pictre motion browser on it and handbook and set up guide. I am plugging straight into the computer into the usb ports which works with my other camera.I haven't got a card reader - I don't know which one will work with my memory stick duo? (need advice here) I'm using xp and yes I remove the other camera first.

Sian

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum