Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: New TV LCD or Plasma ?  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: New TV LCD or Plasma ?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:38 »
Thanks Sandra, my TV is less than a year old and is definitely HD ready.  I had heard that there will soon be free-to-air HD available soon.  :D

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 21:32 »
Thanks to you all for the feedback as Im a little dissappointed with my current LCD,I think I will give the plasma a try,great link camstop thanks Im not a devotee of Sony have a stereo system which is ok but the last TV and home cinema was,how do I say this.......rubbish.I do like Samsung so may try this one,budget is around £900......

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thanks:..Back to the decorating...god us men have a hard life  :crazy:

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 13:21 »
My Panasonic plasma displays at 1080/24, when playing blu ray discs, and one or other of the two you mentioned when playing SD, Sandra.  Have to admit, I'd always thought it was something to do with PAL / NTSC, but I could be wrong.

David, when I bought my Plasma a couple of years ago, the picture quality was far superior to all but the most expensive LCDs, and at the time, was the best HD set on the market, for the price.  I think LCDs are much improved these days, and if I came to replace my plasma, I would certainly not ignore LCDs.  The Sony Bravia range can deliver stunning pictures, when fed from an HD source, but it's all dependant on what sort of picture you prefer.  LCDs produce a much brighter, perhaps sharper picture than plasmas, but a good plasma, set up well, will produce a far more natural image.

Just returned from looking at some Tvs and the bravia LCD I looked at the picture was indeed brilliant and put all the others in shade a little.....will have to make a return trip.....the down side was it was silver and I do like black  :woot:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 14:14 »
I'm sure they also do black, David.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 19:54 »
I will ask tomorrow Simon...I decided on a 37" the others are too big for me. I must admit to being impressed with the quality of the picture though and the price was good £549

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 00:48 »
Did you see it with any SD content being played through it though ?

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 08:45 »
This deal may be worth a look David...

Link

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 12:48 »
I love this guys comment, especially when you look at one of my earlier posts  :)x

The TV did look very nice indeed with Cars playing on the Blue ray and I could hardly see any difference between the 40v4000 and the better model costing £1200.

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 15:58 »
Here's another that's worth a look and have a read at the posts on the thread...

LG3000 37" £399.99

£10 off Voucher

And a review... http://www.reevoo.com/reviews/mpn/lg/37lg3000

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 01:01 »
According to that review Cammy its stil got the main LCD and Plasma problem with SD as they all have at the moment  ::)

John, Hants
Looks stunning switched off, smashing sound. Great Value.
SD picture is worse than my old CRT, especially moving objects like football, etc. Hopefully when I get an HD signal things will improve.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum