Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex Mail Servers  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Pipex Mail Servers
« on: March 30, 2003, 11:30 »
Those who are on Pipex may have noticed problems sending / receiving e-mails.  This is from the Pipex Service Status page:

Report:  There are once again problems with the PIPEX mail service.

Symptoms:  Connection to mailboxes may be intermittent or not possible. Depending on the email program in use, this may prevent mail being sent, though the sending servers are unaffected.

Actions:  Engineers are once again travelling to site to attend to the affected machine. However, it is likely that the system will be offline for some time during Sunday, and that it will need to be taken down for further maintenance in the very near future.

PIPEX sincerely apologies for this problem and the inconvenience it is causing. We are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sal-5000

Re:Pipex Mail Servers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 14:39 »
Noticed this just now!

I don't know about anyone else, but when they say "Engineers are once again travelling to site to attend to the affected machine" I always get the impression of an 8-person team standing around a box of wires and pointing a lot.

That's what *I'd* do!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:Pipex Mail Servers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 18:08 »
I don't know about anyone else, but when they say "Engineers are once again travelling to site to attend to the affected machine" I always get the impression of an 8-person team standing around a box of wires and pointing a lot.

Lol Sal.  Have you noticed that they always look grief-stricken too?  :'(

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum