Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?  (Read 12954 times)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
Re: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 15:59 »
Sure!, you can borrow this one  :)x

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 19:35 »
Use that MB end of dispute  ;D

I agree with not repaying until you get the discs back and are happy he hasnt damaged them... ':|

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 05:18 »
I woke to a lovely surprise, an email from paypal saying he has escalated the dispute.  :bawl:

So I calmly wrote an explanation as to why he is being unreasonable.

I also found a review about region coding and PAL V NTSC on ebay, so I added it to my response.

Personally, I don't think I owe him a refund, as it's his machine that's region locked and his inability to accept advise about region coding and unlocking.

I put to paypal that the item was indeed as described, region 1, region 1 being NTSC.

I also listed my requirements for a refund, which he has refused to accept.

I read a lot of threads in the ebay community forum about refunds and items not as described.

One woman sold an article of clothing giving the size and measurements, but due to clothing not being true to sizing these days, which is why she including measurements, the item apparently was the wrong size.
The buyer wanted a refund, which the seller gave before the item was returned, yes silly eh!
Item was finally received and it had been altered, a few inches shorter.
The advise was as follows,

Item must be returned and checked first

A mutual agreement sent to ebay for the cancellation of the transaction so the seller can recoup listing fees.

Then a refund will be issued.

That is the advice I followed, I should have added one more thing, to be returned in the packing box that it was sent in.

I pack my items in proper boxes and packing materials to ensure they arrive undamaged.

I would expect the same in return.

So it's in the lap of the paypal gods.

I would also like to add that I hate pay through your nose, pal!!!!   >:(

Between ebay fees and paypal fees, I wonder why people try to sell stuff on ebay, using this greedy service.  :bawl:

Other auction sites offer paymate which does charge like a wounded bull.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 07:06 »
MB, You owe the buyer nothing, It's up to the buyer to make sure the DVD player is compatible with region 1 DVD's, the paypal verdict will be interesting.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 10:25 »
I Think I would agree with gmax Misty I have been using Ebay for 6 years now and if you stated that on the page then its likely he will lose although Pay Paypal will usually come down on the side of the buyer it may not be the case here.
He is supposed to read the discription of the goods and I would have thought the odds are with you given all the other issues with refunds ect.
I woudl not bother as a buyer I would either bin them or resell its easier and you get your money back so much faster,he may even make a profit.

Good luck MB

keep us up to date

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 10:44 »
Thanks guys, I really don't care anymore.
What's the worst that can happen, I'll have to give him a refund.
I was willing to do that when he first contacted me, but his rude, arrogant attitude changed that.

What has happened to peoples manners?

I sold something on another auction site and before I had a chance to even look at it, the woman asked for an invoice, please.
This coming on the heels of this rude buyer, I was so appreciative of her polite request I almost gave her a discount, almost.
But I did tell her that I appreciated her good manners.

I think there should be 2 types of auction sites, one for grown ups with manners and one for the rest of the human race.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 10:51 »
I agree MB I always pay immediatley after the sale if I win....I can never work out why the bidder suddenly dissapears from the site or waits days to pay.I know there are proxy bids but there is still in general some very odd people out there.I agree with you about "Grown ups" thats another issue you never know who is bidding or if they are on someones elses PC.
I gave up selling thanks to PP its just not worth the hassle once the fees are out and you have taken the things to post out ....I just buy now and if I have anything I wish to get rid of I either give it away or bin it  ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 11:04 »
I'm the same David. I treat like any shop, if I purchase something, I pay immediately. And people who pay immediately with me, I post as soon as I possibly can.

Which reminds me, I do have another case open, a buyer who never contacted me and obviously hasn't paid me. It's over $400 worth, I don't expect him to pay, I just opened a dispute because I want my fees back.

Oh, and a woman on the other site hasn't paid for an item she purchase 2 weeks ago, I think she said she'd pay me next week. She of course didn't contact me to inform me of her intentions, no, I had to pursue her.  ::)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 11:38 »
I'm glad I buy rather than sell these days on ebay, I buy carby kits from "USA" because postage is cheaper than within Australia  ???

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 11:46 »
I have bought a few CDs from Australia and had no problems at all...another company who sell metal sheds...well I bought the she from here (up North) and it was so complicated to fit together I noticed a video was available,when I Emailed the company and joy the very kind lady sadi dont worry I will get the video out to you.well it took over a week and I thought oh she hasnt bothered,when I EMailed the company here all I got was.not on your nelly we dont know what you are on about,ok they didnt use thse words.
Then the video was delivered and it had travelled all the way from the company in Australia and not a penny was asked for,just a note wishing me luck (handwritten)

That is service...the sheds up and although next time I will build a wooden shed the company (over there are brilliant)  :thumbs:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 11:46 »
I've bought computer parts from the US as it's cheaper than here.

I have a brother in the states as well, and if I buy stuff from US online stores that won't ship here, I ask him to post it for me.

But I don't like to ask, I was going to set up a US bank account and use his address, but I've lost the buying/selling bug.

Postage from the US can be quite expensive as well. I bought some RAM, a game and some software and the postage was over $25.

When sends gifts, he says that the postage can be more expensive than the gift. (cheaper bugger!)   ;D

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 11:57 »
I posted a chainsaw to a collector in the US, it cost $233  :o, I guess he really wanted it but now I have a contact there  :)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01 »
A collector of chainsaws........

Anyone else hear dueling banjos.  ;D

Yes, I know what you mean by the postage, I can buy a ton of stuff quite cheaply overseas, but the bloody postage to get it here......

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:12 by mistybear »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11 »
I don't think your guy has a leg to stand on, MB, but if you do decide to accept a return, I would advise that you at least tell him to use recorded delivery (or whatever your equivalent is), so that there's a proof of postage.  Otherwise, he could say he's sent it, when he hasn't, or if it doesn't arrive for any reason, it's then your word against his that you haven't received it.  As there's nothing wrong with the item you sold, you don't have to refund his postage costs (either way), and you would only be accepting his return as an act of grace, so you have every right to wait for the item to arrive, and to check that it's undamaged before issuing the refund.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17 »
A collector of chainsaws........

Anyone else hear dueling banjos.  ;D

Yes, I know what you mean by the postage, I can buy a ton of stuff quite cheaply overseas, but the bloody postage to get it here......

???   

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum