Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?  (Read 12848 times)

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Re: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 14:09 »
Quote:
His is a panasonic sa-dm3, which seems to be part of a home theatre package, the US version is a sc-dm3.

I would say its locked misty
I have one of the old panasonics and it definatly wont play anything from other zones

And as an aside about postage

I have friends in Australia and NZ that I send packages to at times
If you can keep the total weight under 14 oz you can send it First Class international mail and the cost is about $9 USA

there are package rates for larger items in the same catagory but im not sure of them
it would be worth checking into if you need it often
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 14:18 by davy51 »
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 15:40 »
I have the feeling that he has realised that, and that's why he's being nice all of a sudden. He hasn't left a negative, which I feel, I don't deserve.

I think the other so called region 1 DVDs he's bought, were the generic region free DVDs that are marked as region 1.

$9 sounds right, I was looking at buying RAM on US ebay, as it's a lot cheaper and a couple of sellers quoted $9 for international postage. The honest ones that is.

Paying $9 US is fine for the more expensive items that are a lot cheaper there, but with the less expensive stuff, the $9 cuts profit margin to the bare minimum. And if you buy in bulk or wholesale, the postage obviously is a lot more expensive.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 10:34 »
I received the DVDs in good condition, and guess what happened when I put one in my DVD player....  it played!

My DVD player isn't anything special, I actually purchased it on ebay a few years ago. It has issues with over heating, the harddrive doesn't have enough ventilation and should have a fan fitted, and as a consequence, it starts playing up after a few hours of continuous play back, and that's in winter.

Point being, it didn't have any problems playing these so called NTSC discs.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2009, 12:11 »
Sounds like is pulling a fast one MB....but as the Americans say

At least you have found "Closure"  ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2009, 12:54 »
That's true David, and now I know to do as Simon suggested about not refunding for compatibility issues.

Everything would have been fine if he had of tried unlocking his DVD player.

All's well that ends well.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2009, 13:36 »
Put it down to one of those Ebay moments we all have  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2009, 14:18 »
That's true David, and now I know to do as Simon suggested about not refunding for compatibility issues.

If that is clearly stated, and you have clearly detailed the DVDs as being R1 NTSC, then there can be no comeback on you if this happens again.  Well, there can, but you can tell them to go and do one.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum