Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Burning Issue  (Read 9345 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Burning Issue
« on: November 15, 2002, 17:50 »
I have just come across a problem with Nero which I cant work out,hopefully someone else can for me  ???

I downloaded Madame Butterfly for a friend last night ( yes I have some strange friends I know but what the hell  ;) ),It is in 3 MP3 files,act 1,act 2 part 1 and act 2 part 2.
When I try and make a compilation it insists on starting with the largest file first which happens to be act 2 part 1 then the next largest act 1 followed by the smallest act 2 part 2.
I have tried loading them in various different orders and with Nero Express and ordinary Nero with no success  ??? It still insists on auto arranging them by file size.
I even tried it as a multi session disc but as thats for data only it says it cant open the file when I try to add one  ???
Any ideas guys and gals ?

Confused of Lancashire  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Burning Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 18:22 »
Alright, alright, I've just seen it!!   ;D ;D

When I use Nero Burning Rom, it's like an Explorer set up, and you just select the ones you want to copy, and drag them across, yes?  I don't remember it ever sorting things for itself.  I'll have a play and see what I can come up with.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 18:29 »
Thanks Simon,the only way I can think of is to combine them all as one large file and then burn it as that,I think I have an editing prog somewhere  :-*
Hopefully someone wil have come across this before and be able to come up with a solution   ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 18:30 »
Right, if you use the Wizard with Nero, you go through the options to create a new CD, yes?  Then you get the Explorer type windows up.  You then navigate to where your MP3s are stored, open that file, and all the contents should be displayed.  You then right click on the one you want, select 'Copy to CD compliation', and it scoots across to the other window.  Do that with all the tracks you want to copy, and it lists them in the order you selected.  If you want to change the order, you can drag them up and down in the list, then when you are happy, just click the 'Burn' icon, and off you go!

That's how mine works anyway.  Can't understand why your's should be any different.   ??? ???
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 18:41 »
It doesnt do that with mine Simon for some reason,tried the wizard as well as normal Express and Nero.I have the latest updates and all the plugins available too  ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 18:43 »
Are you saying you can't rearrange the order by clicking and dragging up and down?   :o

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 18:51 »
Yes it doesnt allow me to move them,it wont even work if I click on Invert Selection either,is it my Nero thats got corrupted possibly ?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 19:06 »
Well it sound a bit odd.  Is it the latest version?  Mine is 5.5 I think.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2002, 19:10 »
Mines 5.5.9.14 updated about 3 weeks ago Simon  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2002, 19:13 »
Hang on!  There a 'view' button, like in Explorer, and you can change the 'Arrange Icons' option to whatever.  Maybe yours is set to arrange by file size?  I bet that's it!!   ;D ;D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2002, 19:30 »
Looks like you may have cracked it Simon,thanks  :-*
I just have one problem now  ???
I clicked on View and told it not to sort,then when I dragged them across it auto re arranged and has reverted to sort by name and all the other options are "Greyed out"  ???
I am going to copy them into a new folder and rename them in case it messes them up and see if it will do it that way round  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2002, 20:04 »
Right, well if it insists on sorting by name, can't you just rename and number the tracks in the order you want?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2002, 21:17 »
Sorted it now  :-*

Thats the way I did it Simon,thanks,I thought I had said I was going to try that at the end of my last post  ::)
Must be a problem with my version for some reason.I am intending to fully wipe my PC when I have got everything backed up so hopefully when its reinstalled again it will allow me to configure it as I want and not as it wants.At the moment its as stubborn as any man I know,(Maybe they should have used a girls name for it),and it just wont be told what to do  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2002, 22:13 »
What about this idea Sandra for future recordings:-

Burn one file and leave disc open then burn second file leaving disc open and so on. Simple solution to Old Nero not behaving himself. ;) ;) ;)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2002, 00:01 »
That was one of the first things I tried Lona but it said it couldnt open the file so I assumed it only worked for Data stuff  ???
I think its got corrupted somehow so will sort it hopefully when I wipe PC  :-*

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum