Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Burning Issue  (Read 9346 times)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re:Burning Issue
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 00:36 »
Glad you got it sorted Sandra,

I had Adaptec Easy CD on my Compaq, and Nero on my new one. I'm finding it wont reformat CD's I formated with Easy CD but it has not been my number on priority to sort out.

Your a Lancashire Lass I see, where abouts ? I was born in the Parish of Worsthorne near Burnley, famed for it's Old England Village feel and British National Party MP  ;D My brother still lives there in actual fact, but Burnleys a grim hole these days. They say if you ain't been mugged, your obviously not getting out enough.

catch
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 00:47 »
Hi Catch,I spent a few hours,out of hours,if you know what I mean in that club in Worsthorne back in the late 60s early 70s  ;)
Was born in Burnley and lived in Fulledge and Brunshaw for most of my life.After a brief excursion to the North East for a few years I am back in the area again,
but am now in Brierfield although some days it seems as if I am in Bangladesh  :o

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 01:28 »
Small world Sandra,

Brunshaw, remember Adam Blacklaw [Burnley goalkeeper] running the newsagents top o Brunshaw ? Adamson the captain live at the top of the small holdings going down to Townley Hall. I tore my best pants as a young un getting of the roof of the Pill Box, pulled it down to build the pub they did.

Brierfield, he,he, I went to the secondary modern there what is it called ?

I got a Goverment Grant to move to Yorkshire [Skipton] under a scheme to bring humour to the humourless  ;) I'm still working on it.

Catch

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2002, 01:34 »
Early Sixties, I was over in Skipton by then but I used to go to that club in Briefield [before the breathaliser came in] Got some good acts on, chicken in a basket and a throw of the dice, har them were the days.

Sefton Club in Colne, Friday night was family night, a singer, comiedian, and a stripper all for half a crown. Ho and the Dolphin Club in Briefield, I thought I'd gone down the pit  ;)

catch

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2002, 01:41 »
My dad used to work with Blacklaw,Catch,down the pit.I dont think they got paid like they do these days  ::)
We used to do Brian Millers car whenhe was the burnley FC manager(He took over that same newsagents by the way),I only knew him as Brian and soeone asked for his autograph as he was leaving one day as he remembered him from his playing days  ;)
So you are still near enough for me to come and sort you out if you give me any grief then Catch  ;D We are only about 20 minutes or less away from each other  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2002, 01:44 »
I remember a Dolphin club in Colne not Brierfield Catch, have you got it the right way round as I used to frequent that one  :o
It used to get raided almost every weekend for drugs,not that I knew anything about such things  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2002, 01:52 »
Yes we will have to meet up some time for a coffee or somthing stronger. We are in Silsden right now mid way between Keighley and Skipton, the daughters in Skipton.

I'm of to a place called 'Monitors R Us' in Keighley tomorrow [bit like Brierfield but bigger, know what I mean  ::)] to look at some cheap Sony Trinitons. I saw them on Ebay so I emailed the guy and he looks like he will do a good deal, better than his already cheap Ebay prices.

So off for some beauty sleep, catch you later.

catch

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2002, 01:55 »
I was sure it was in Briefield, ho well, anyway I KNEW I'd seen you somewhere before  ;)

Nite

catch

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2002, 02:01 »
Night night Catch  :-*

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2002, 17:10 »
Your right Sandra, Dolphin was in Colne, I ment the El Tropicana  ;D

I went to Monitors R Us at Keighley and bought a Sony Triniton badged Dell 17" It was not brand new, but it is in excellent condition, it was manufactured in Hungary in 1998, Model No: D1025HE 1000HS series.  But it comes with a 3 year onsite parts and labour warranty, through a company called http://www.warrantiesunlimited.co.uk  anybody heard of them ?

I must say I thought my Compaq MV720 was OK till I run this Triniton along side it, it is superb. So the warranty being kosher it is a good buy I reckon at £99. They are selling 19" Dell badged Sony Trinitons at £119 if you deal direct [£149 through Ebay] While I was there two lads from Sheffield turned up to buy a 21" Triniton monitor, now that was nice.

Go one Sandra treat yourself, your films will look great on it, I'll take you and hold your hand  ;D ;)

Aup teas ready, catch you later.

catch

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2002, 18:06 »
I cant afford one yet Catch,but a friend reckons he can get me a good secondhand 17 inch monitor for about £50,so hopefully I can stop bashing this old one to bring the red back each time it goes A.W.O.L.  ;)
I remember the " El Trop" too  :o  But as it wasnt the place for nice girls to go never went much  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2002, 19:10 »
El Trop, yer that was it's short handle.

Getting back to monitors, I initially contacted them as i knew they had some £49 Compaq or Gateway badged monitors, but then deceided to splash out when he connected a triniton up for me.

When you think about it, the whole purpose of the internal workings of a PC are to present you with graphical information. So it seems to defeat the whole purpose of building a super machine, then to round it of with the cheapest monitor you can find. Besides your eye's will thank you for it in the end, if I win the lottory tonight, I'll treat you, and if your lucky there could be a monitor in it for you as well ;D

catch

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2002, 19:29 »
As I only have a cheap PC it will go fine with a cheap monitor Catch  ;)
I see your point though and if I was into web design and/or heavily into graphics or games I would agree that I was being penny wise and pound foolish as they used to say  :D
At the moment I would settle for my colours staying where they should be  ;D ;D ;D
Good luck with the lottery tonight Catch  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2002, 20:06 »
Did you not win the lottery then Catch  :(
I did on Saturday but it was only a tenner  ;)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2002, 20:13 »
I've won a tenner a few times.  Best I ever did was 6 numbers, 3 on each line!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum