Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Watch Movies and TV on your pc  (Read 6567 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Watch Movies and TV on your pc
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 18:15 »
How much does it cost to go to an Imax?  There are no prices listed on the website of my local one.

wait a sec, isn't you local Imax the same as mine used to be.. if so: http://www.imax.ac/page.asp?section=40&sectionTitle=Prices+and+Booking
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 19:07 »
Thanks, Sam - I couldn't find it when I looked.

Eight quid doesn't seem particularly expensive - it's only £2 more than a standard cinema ticket and £1 more than a luxury ticket.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 23:11 »
Was it all in IMAX?  On the BluRay, bits of it are, and the aspect ratio keeps changing, but you don't notice after a while.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 03:52 »
Was it all in IMAX?  On the BluRay, bits of it are, and the aspect ratio keeps changing, but you don't notice after a while.

well I didn't notice any problems, they said certain scenes were recorded for Imax.. so maybe that's where the problem comes from on the bluray...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 03:53 »
Thanks, Sam - I couldn't find it when I looked.

Eight quid doesn't seem particularly expensive - it's only £2 more than a standard cinema ticket and £1 more than a luxury ticket.

I've been on that website a number of times, the better half used to work in the planetarium at the thinktank... and nah £8 is about as much as you'd pay as a proper adult for the cinema - I'm just getting used to that and not liking it. It's actually even more expensive over here, oh well.. Scotiabank gave me a bunch of freebies so I can't moan and we get films sooner than you :p
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58 »
well I didn't notice any problems, they said certain scenes were recorded for Imax.. so maybe that's where the problem comes from on the bluray...

It wasn't really a 'problem', just a bit of an oddity, and the IMAX scenes were stunning!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum