Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Scotch whisky protected against 'inferior' copies  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Scotch whisky protected against 'inferior' copies
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 19:10 »
I saw one in Cork a few weeks ago and it looked as if it was doing 60 even when standing still at the traffic lights!  What a head-turner!  Yours looks lovely Sandra.   8-)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 01:36 »
I saw one in Cork a few weeks ago and it looked as if it was doing 60 even when standing still at the traffic lights!  

Thats the excuse I gave to the copper who pulled me up in one when I was about 23 years old  ;D
I had been having a stressful day, nothing going right. I left work at 2pm and it was a miserable day with strong winds and lots of rain. The traffic lights changed to red just as I approached them at a junction I was turning right at.
When the lights changed I dropped the clutch and booted the accelerator. The wheels spun a bit but as it had a limited slip differential it went round the corner perfectly and I was doing around 60mph within a few yards. I noticed the panda car on the side street to my right as I passed it  :o
As soon as I saw him I took my foot off the gas but didnt brake and let the car slow down to 30mph.
I followed my normal route home and he eventually came up behind me and flashed me to pull me over. It must have taken him at least 2 miles as he was in one of those Ford Anglias  :)
He asked for my licence and insurance etc and said he thought I had been speeding.
I said no I was at 30mph all the way he was behind me and that I never speed, E Types look like theyre going fast even when parked up  :)
He kind of agreed and then asked if he could look under the bonnet as hed never seen what they looked like.
He was impressed with what he saw, the double overhead cam and triple carbs in those days were a bit unusual, and then he got in his car and drove off  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:39 by Sandra »

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 08:50 »
I understand his reaction... :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 09:31 »
And you forgot to mention you were wearing a mini skirt at the time!   :laugh:  Of course, without a bonnet, my neighbour's engine bay was always on show when he drove it out of his garage on sunny weekends.  I must admit I used to drool over all that chrome which he kept highly polished.  I hope he eventually managed to get his bonnet. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum