Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: motherboard 4 pin 12 volt problems advice much needed.  (Read 7598 times)

Offline martin_uk1

Re: motherboard 4 pin 12 volt problems advice much needed.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 16:35 »
Dont they just b*****d things like i said for several weeks its been not booting properly and that i would sometimes have a blue screen it wouldent over heat it would just blue screen and stop working perahps it is just time for a new board  :laugh: but then sometimes i wish it hadent of broke as was a very nice board the processor and the board together cost me 200 pounds.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 16:43 »
Computers pick their moments, Christmas being a favourite. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline martin_uk1

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 16:49 »
Lol yes thats true but its not the right time for it to of done it is it could of done it a couple of months down the line bloody thing hopefully tmsuppliesltd will give me a new board if not i have one on the way fingers crossed it will be here on saturday..then windows 7 here i come again lol..

Offline martin_uk1

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 20:08 »
well we will see what happens once i have my new setup people its the motherboard after all the hassle.new setup will be...

Asrock N68-S Socket AMD AM2+ Phenom Motherboard with 9650 phenom
4 gig ddr2
500 gig hdd
640 meg ddr3 8800 gts oc

if all goes well ill have a system back on thursday lol..thanks for all ur help :crazy:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 22:23 »
I bought a new PSU for mine today, and after wiring and firing it up, well, it didn't.  This time there was a light on the motherboard, so I knew there was power there, but it was otherwise as dead as a Norwegian Blue.

After swearing quite a lot, and dreaming up ways of fire-bombing PC World in the morning, because the 12v power connector only had six terminals instead of the eight that the last PSU had, I thought I might as well just try the other power connector, which only had four terminals, and bugger me, it worked, and I'm all up and running again.  
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03 »
Hopefully you wont need to reinstall the OS as its still an Asrock mobo but be prepared in case you need to.

Offline martin_uk1

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 20:21 »
hey yes hopefully i wont have to do so but if i do i do lol i have had word from the tmsuppliesuk people off ebay and they have asked me to send it back and a replacemnet will be sent out too lol well now i have 2 mobo's well either i keep them both or i sell one i dunno yet we will see what happens i hope the replacement gets here soon as i want to use all my ram i want to use the whole 7 not only 4 lol.. :thumbs:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 08:32 »
You'll only get that with a 64-bit OS, Martin.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline martin_uk1

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2010, 15:12 »
LOL rik im on the 64 bit OS i use vista and swear by it i really like vista i have the board i bought with 4 gig of ram on and it works ok im not dreading i got it TMSUPPLIESUK off ebay say they are going to test the board which i know is already bust so they can send a new one if they dont ill report them to ebay and see what they say they wont wanna ruin there 100% feedback coz of this surely.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum