Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Problem PC gettin stuck!  (Read 6138 times)

Offline nanobyte

Re: Problem PC gettin stuck!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24 »
I have dual channel ram, 2x512

well i forgot to mention, is not the motherboard is the graphics card xD... since few MONTHS xD ago i heard some noises of something exploding... but i didnt notice it was the graphic card capacitors lol.... even when i clean the fans every month....

My graphic card is a lot more expensive than a pci-e card .... since its agp and old and hard to find.... so i'll try to fix it ... else i'm buying a new pc lol... i'll find someone with experience to do the job for me if not i'll do it by myself : P

I hope to fix it D: i'll QQ if i cant play WoW at 80 fps again xD...

here is a pic of someone else capacitors with the same problem and he fixed it changing those

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27 »
oh yes, they look like they have gone.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline nanobyte

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 02:01 »
:D well i fixed it! so
guys
xD

If your pc gets stuck or hear an explosion in your room, or ur videocard stopped working look for any weird capacitors like the one in the pic in my past post and change them, fix it! DIY! dont throw it because it stopped working! :D u could save a card! and some money lol....

this was my first time soldering a videocard and I fixed it by myself! (:

a pic of my job xD

thanks all :D lol

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:48 »
Its always worth a try if theyre easy to get at.
I had a look at someones DVD player last week that had stopped working, spotted 2 capacitors that had overheated. They hadnt blown but the white silicone thats sometimes around them had bubbled and turned brown, so they had obviously got very hot. Unfortunately after replacing them its still not working so thats £3 and a bit of time wasted  :(

Offline nanobyte

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 05:19 »
Well maybe the dvd capacitors were damaged days, weeks or months before the dvd stopped working and that damaged the components o_o, i saw pics of some hardware that stopped working forever because they were running with damaged capacitors... at least my video card was very sensitive to this and gave symptoms before it were too late ;D (thanks god xD)... so since now i'll be checking all capacitors every time i clean my pc o_o!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 10:03 »
Well done!  Glad you managed to fix it, and thanks for letting us know.  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum