Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Antivirus Software  (Read 43092 times)

Offline silver89

• New Registration
Re:Antivirus Software
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2003, 12:59 »

so it does me fine  ;D

I'd never heard of BullGuard before, but it looks great with online storage as well!! but its not free -  perhaps I'll try the 20day trial when the free AVs start charging. :-\

Cheers!

Silver

Offline hp

• New Registration
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2003, 21:19 »
Avg  version 6.0. 02/09/03
data base version 348 26/12/03 i have these versions :)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 17:37 »
http://www.free-av.com/ is Free and could do with adding to the list. It's German, so if it's anything like their cars, it should be good   ::) And there is a support forum, with an English section  :)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Adept

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2004, 19:40 »

could do with adding to the list

Yeah, I think so too ;)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2004, 19:51 »

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2004, 14:02 »
Yer I know you spotted first Hooky my boy, but I just mentioned it again because it wasn't on the list.... or was it? .........was it right at the bottom of the page?......Now level with me Adept, at the risk of losing your saintleyhood :-X...........................Anyway even if it was, I  reckon FREE ones should be at the Top of the list...........so go get it sorted  :-X ;)

Adept

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2004, 16:47 »

Now level with me Adept, at the risk of losing your saintleyhood :-X...........................Anyway even if it was, I  reckon FREE ones should be at the Top of the list...........so go get it sorted  :-X ;)

I had a few minutes spare so I updated the page Tony. I'll do the Firewall one when I get chance.

Maybe after that I'll put the free ones at the top :P

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2004, 00:32 »
You'll do for me, oh blessed one  :)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2004, 08:37 »
How about Trend Micro Internet Security? This is updated PC Cillin, and is available from about £19-00 to £38-00. This Anti Virus incorporates a firewall built in and frequent updates. It also scans for Spyware and includes a Spam Filter. I have used PC Cillin before, but this is far superior. The firewall passes all tests for hackers etc by Symantic and Gibson sites and is easy as it sets itself. Available from C/Net or direct-GOOD!

:D :D
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2004, 11:27 »

How about Trend Micro Internet Security? This is updated PC Cillin, and is available from about £19-00 to £38-00. This Anti Virus incorporates a firewall built in and frequent updates. It also scans for Spyware and includes a Spam Filter. I have used PC Cillin before, but this is far superior. The firewall passes all tests for hackers etc by Symantic and Gibson sites and is easy as it sets itself. Available from C/Net or direct-GOOD!

:D :D

I could swear that I recently saw a completely free full version of this software on a cover disk.  It is probably a previous version, but as I tend to err on the side of caution and use software that is at least one version old (so as to avoid bugs, conflicts, crashes etc that are often associated with unstable new versions) I might see if I can find it later, as I'm putting together an oldish (but improved) PC for my son, and an all-in-one security package would save me from a lot of faffing about.

:thanks:  Delgado.

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2004, 20:33 »
I ordered Panda Antivirus 6 Platinum last week and when I got it I found it was only for older versions of Windows so now I have a useless copy of it and it has a whole year of free updates  ::) I will have to look for another one as the free anti viruses don't seem to like my PC  :-\
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Adept

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2004, 20:37 »

I will have to look for another one as the free anti viruses don't seem to like my PC  :-\

What problems do you get Robo? I have installed AVG on many machines and have never had a problem with it ???

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2004, 08:39 »

I ordered Panda Antivirus 6 Platinum last week and when I got it I found it was only for older versions of Windows so now I have a useless copy of it and it has a whole year of free updates  ::) I will have to look for another one as the free anti viruses don't seem to like my PC  :-\

Have you tried it on your PC? If you can get it to work or have a Registration Key its worth going to Panda site and you may be able to download an updated version. I have used Panda in the past and you can download updated programmes for the time of your subscription.

:D

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2004, 09:33 »
The free antiviruses just didn't agree with my computer, I got quite a bit of slow down and most of the time they didn't want to download any updates  :-\

I'll have a look at the panda site, cheers delgado  ;D
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2004, 22:34 »

The free antiviruses just didn't agree with my computer, I got quite a bit of slow down and most of the time they didn't want to download any updates  :-\

I'll have a look at the panda site, cheers delgado  ;D

How did you get on? Did you manage to download updated prog?

:niceday:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum