Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: X-Box 360 Arcade  (Read 6725 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
X-Box 360 Arcade
« on: July 26, 2010, 20:34 »
My hubby traded in his phone and was given an X-Box 360 Arcade as well as a new phone!

The only thing is... what is an X-Box 360 Arcade, what does it do and how do you use it?  Neither of us have ever had a console before.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Re: X-Box 360 Arcade
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 21:49 »
Don't ask me, Gill.  I've got an XBox360 Elite 120GB.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but soon after buying tons of bells & whistles for it on eBay, then connecting it to my TV/Hi-fi/Wi-fi, found that I simply don't have the time to sit and play games.  Maybe I need to rediscover my inner child or something.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 22:09 »
I'm clueless too, Gill, not being a gamer.  Sam will know.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:18 »
Sam does know.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:20 »

X-Box 360 Arcade  is essentially just a stripped down version of the normal X-box....  it doesnt have a hard drive or anything like that but it will allow you to play all X-box games (I believe) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Arcade if you want to know a bit more.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:52 »
So, I could hook up an X-box to the TV, plug an external HDD into it, and play the movies on the HDD through the X-box?  If so, I might have a use for it :) .
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 15:26 »
well yes. I'm not sure how the arcade works, you might have to buy the xbox hard drive thing, not too expensive but I was always able to plug in a usb disk or stream to it over the network - its all rather straight forward.  Then again I didn't have the arcade - you might need to connect it to the internet to get the updates to allow you to play mp4s etc...
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum