Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Chorley and Leiston Thread  (Read 163346 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Chorley and Leiston Thread
« Reply #1425 on: April 11, 2016, 15:08 »
Chorley 3 - 1 Gainsborough Trinity    Att. 634

Man of the Match was the referee, who received a standing ovation as he was leaving the field for allowing the match to carry on in the worst playing conditions I have ever witnessed.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1426 on: April 15, 2016, 06:22 »
only 3 games left. where has that season gone? no chance of the play offs now but still finishing higher season on season, personally I think we are shooting well above our weight for a town of our size 5.5k and crowds that avg 160.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1427 on: April 17, 2016, 06:25 »
Leiston 0 - 2 Bognor. missed the last game of the season due to work commitments (nuclear outage 12 hour days ) so until I read the reports it would be hard for me to comment.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1428 on: April 17, 2016, 14:20 »
Brackley Town 1 - 1 Chorley

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1429 on: April 24, 2016, 05:59 »
I can happily say that Leiston have finished the season with a record of finishing the highest place and record points in the clubs History by finishing eighth in the Ryman premier League with 72 Points, at one stage we were looking a good bet to get into the play offs but with a limited budget and small squad it was not to be. now what for the summer? #Holidays #eurofootball #moreholidays  :o: :o: :o: :o:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1430 on: April 24, 2016, 14:23 »
Cricket season now and that is my priority.  Therefore, I will not be going to any more footy matches (home or away) until around the middle of September.

First:  :welldone:  Leiston.  :thumbs:

Solihull Moors 0 - 3 Chorley

Solihull won the league a couple of weeks ago and have nothing to play for.  This (apparently) has manifested itself by them showing little interest in the last couple of matches they have played.  No surprise then that Chorley, who also have nothing to play for but a high a finish as possible, won easily according to the sixty or so supporters who made the trip.

One match left and it looks as if we will finish eighth too.  A little disappointing as we were 30 minutes from promotion last year, but with the upheaval caused by the manager's decision to completely retire from football just two weeks before the start of this season, I'll take that.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1431 on: May 01, 2016, 18:46 »
Chorley 2 - 1 AFC Telford 

Att. 1204

Didn't go as I was at the cricket (brrrrr!) but a decent finish to the season against the "team of the second half of the season" who looked dead and buried as early as Christmas but then went on a great run which saw them avoid relegation by one point!

Chorley finish the season in eighth place.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1432 on: May 26, 2016, 06:00 »
Its started? highest ever league position, But!! football has been crap. something had to give as supporters started walking with there feet.  :facepalm:

Blues boss Richard Wilkins has left Victory Road

Leiston Football Club have parted company with Manager Richard Wilkins. After taking over from Steve Ball in October 2014 the former Bury Town boss saw the Victory Road side claim their highest ever finish in the Ryman Premier Division last season and also reached the final of the Suffolk FA Premier Cup at Portman Road but after a meeting last night, both parties agreed to an amicable parting by mutual consent.

The Blues finished eighth last season in their fourth season at step three, leading the division for a spell before falling short of the play offs in the closing months of the season. But the manor of some of the displays caused a few ripples of unrest among the home faithful.

Chairman Andy Crisp said on the departure, “It is with regret that Richard and the Football club has parted ways. Richard had worked hard to succeed and has achieved our highest ever League finish along with a cup Final appearance and we are extremely grateful for all his efforts. Over many months the club has continued to evolve towards more youthful changes and some hard work in the background has seen the foundations being placed to build a club structure rather than solely concentrate on a team. We remain focused on being competitive in the very challenging Ryman Premier Division, a level that we are punching above our weight in, but we will continue to fight it out against well established sides in large catchment areas and with better support. Our aims remain the same, to challenge at the top end of the League and to be pushing for a play off place.”

A further announcement on the new Managerial set up will be made in due course.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1433 on: August 07, 2016, 09:38 »
This year, sorry to say there will be no more reporting on LFC through the pages of PC Pals. :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #1434 on: August 07, 2016, 09:57 »
Is it all over Terry?  Even Accrington Stanley made a miraculous recovery. 

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1435 on: August 21, 2016, 16:39 »
Haven't been anywhere near the footy yet, but here are Chorley's results so far this season:

Sat. 6 Aug

Chorley 3 - 3 FC United of Manchester    Att. 1937

Sat. 13 Aug

Kidderminster Harriers 0 - 0 Chorley

Tue 16 Aug

Chorley 3 - 0 Bradford Park Avenue     Att. 790

Sat. 20 Aug

Chorley 2 - 0 Boston United    Att. 1009

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #1436 on: January 05, 2020, 19:29 »
Haven't been anywhere near the footy yet, but here are Chorley's results so far this season:

Sat. 6 Aug

Chorley 3 - 3 FC United of Manchester    Att. 1937

Sat. 13 Aug

Kidderminster Harriers 0 - 0 Chorley

Tue 16 Aug

Chorley 3 - 0 Bradford Park Avenue     Att. 790

Sat. 20 Aug

Chorley 2 - 0 Boston United    Att. 1009

I miss this thread.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum