Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Top 30 Android Apps Of All Time  (Read 1437 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Top 30 Android Apps Of All Time
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:52 »
With the ubiquitous media coverage surrounding the iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) app market, it’s important to remember that Android also is making huge headway. More than 100,000 apps are now available in the Android Market. Within the last six months, Android devices have reigned supreme, comprising 32 percent  of all new smartphone purchases. There is finally a larger selection of models being manufactured and more carriers offering them. When the first Android device launched, I predicted that the OS would surpass iPhone in the coming years. While this looks to be true, those of us involved in the app industry are concerned with something more specific: Who will have the most active app marketplace?

http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/30/top-30-android-apps/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Top 30 Android Apps Of All Time
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:31 »
Much as I dislike the restrictions, one thing that cam be said about the Apple app store is that all if the apps have been 'approved'.  They may still be crap, but they should be malware free, unlike some Android apps, so it would seem. 

In complete contradiction to the above, I've just jailbroken my iPhone, simply to change some of the alert sounds to ones I can hear.  Still got my eye on a Desire HD, though.  :devil:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum