Technical Help & Discussion > AV Lounge

Sky HD

(1/6) > >>

Clive:
OK, own up!  Who is subscribing and what do you think of it?  Sky is currently doing a deal for existing subscribers in which if they sign up for 12 months they will bung you £100 M&S vouchers.   8-)

Rik:
I get some HD from Freesat, Clive, the rest of my experience is from Bluray. For sports and material that is shot with HD in mind, it's brilliant. Nature programmes in particular benefit. OTOH, much of the broadcast material shows only marginal benefit, eg most chat shows etc gain little or nothing, and many dramas are so busy being moody that the effect of HD is largely lost. For the extra £120/pa that Sky want, I'm dubious that I'd gain sufficiently.

Clive:
With the M&S voucher it would come down to just £20 for that first year.  I only have 24 hours to make my mind up.

http://www.sky.com/shop/high-definition/home/

Simon:
Never experienced it Clive, so I can't help, sorry.  However, if it's only going to cost you £20 for the first year, and you can get out of it after that if you want to, I'd say go for it, as you have virtually nothing to lose.

Delgado:
I have Freesat, and certain programmes are broadcast in HD, ITV and BBC, and the difference in picture quality is superb. Coronation Street on ITV is broadcast in HD, and you feel you are in the Rovers Pub. Some football matches are in HD, and you can see the blades of grass on the pitch. Worth having, but I wouldnt pay Sky a fortune for it.

I bought a Freesat tuner, and coupled it up to my existing dish, and cancelled my Sky subscription.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version